The position is located in the Peace Corps Office of Inspector General (OIG) Audit Unit and reports to the Assistant Inspector General for Audit. The Auditor is responsible for conducting performance and financial audits and reviews of Peace Corps programs and operations domestically and at Peace Corps posts in developing countries globally.Learn more about this agency
The Auditor performs the following major duties:
- Plans and performs management, program, and systems audits independently or as a team member.
- Performs audit operations on site, consults with management and program officials, and adapts methods and techniques to solve a variety of problems, such as assessing the potential to reduce cost in a variety of programs, projects, and functions such as information technology, financial management, acquisition, and logistics systems.
- Writes audit reports detailing findings and recommendations. Keeps supervisor informed of matters that require interpretation or investigation
- Independently plans and conducts a variety of audit assignments or investigations, and adapts methods and techniques to solve a variety of problems.
- Uses standard audit procedures to measure the degree of program and financial management compliance with regulations and adherence to accepted accounting principles and management practices and controls for organizations inside or outside the department or agency.
- Assesses the potential to reduce costs in a variety of programs, projects, and functions, such as information technology, financial management, acquisition, and logistics systems.
- Adapts standard methods, techniques and reporting procedures to fit unusual circumstances and to develop data which is not readily available or is misleading in situations where guidelines are not directly applicable.
Occasional travel - Extended TDY travel required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
- Current Federal employees, regardless of tenure
- Former Federal employees who are reinstatement eligible
- Individuals eligible to be hired under special appointing authorities (e.g. 30% compensable disabled veterans, appointment for persons with disabilities)
- Internal agency employees; including agency temporary employees and eligible agency personal services contractors
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/476842900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.