If you do not meet any of the categories listed above, you may wish to apply under announcement 14-VAOIG-393-P, which is open for any U.S. citizen to apply. Please refer to that announcement for details on open period, eligibility, and how to apply.Learn more about this agency
It is anticipated that there will be significant interest in the announcement. As a result, the announcement will close at 11:59 p.m. ET on the date of receipt of the 200th application or at 11:59 p.m. ET on 08/25/2017; whichever occurs first. Any required documents should be submitted at the time that you apply as documents will not be accepted after the vacancy closes.
OIG is organized into three line elements: the Offices of Investigations, Audits and Evaluations, and Healthcare Inspections; along with the Office of Contract Review and the Office of Management and Administration. In addition to the Washington, DC, headquarters, OIG has offices located in more than 30 cities throughout the country.
The Supervisory Management Analyst, located in the Office of Audits and Evaluations (OAE), Chicago Field Office, is responsible for serving as a project manager and managing a wide range of OAE projects including audits, evaluations, and reviews of VA program and functions. The incumbent is also responsible for assisting the Division Director in managing the administrative activities of the Division, and supervising a staff of auditors, management analysts, and support personnel.
As a Supervisory Management Analyst, you will:
- Manage and direct performance audits, evaluations, inspections or reviews of the various programs, operations, and functions of VA through a subordinate staff of auditors and analysts.
- Develop assignment workload data and prepare periodic assignment workload reports and forecasts for planning and control purposes. Prepare periodic progress reports needed to support briefing requirements with senior government stakeholders.
- Oversee report preparation and ensure effectiveness of presentation, adequacy of supporting data, and conformance with policies and standards.
- Review programs, work papers, and report in process to ensure adherence to the project plan and prescribed policies and standards.
- Provide mentoring and coaching for assigned staff; provide development and cross train staff to increase their abilities.
25% or less - Travel nationwide under tight deadlines. The incumbent should anticipate frequent walking and standing as a component of this travel.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All Candidates who are:
Current or former federal employees qualifying as Status Candidates, VEOA eligibles, CTAP/ICTAP eligibles, eligible for special hiring authorities (e.g., the Schedule A appointment for persons with disabilities, or covered by an Interchange Agreement).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/476815100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.