This position is located in the Smithsonian’s National Museum of African American History and Culture (NMAAHC). The National Museum of African American History and Culture is the largest national museum for the study and exhibition of African American history and culture. Its primary purposes are to acquire, maintain and preserve objects which document social, cultural, political, military, technological and scientific developments in the United States related to the African American experience; to conduct scholarly research designed to make significant contributions to the body of knowledge in the field of African American history, to publish findings for both scholarly and general audiences; and to interpret historical developments through public exhibits and programs as well as digital content.Learn more about this agency
ATTENTION: Due to the large number of qualified applicants for positions of this type, this job announcement will close at 11:59 pm Eastern Time on either: (A) The closing date listed above or (B) The date that 300 applications are received; whichever occurs first. If the announcement closes on the date that 300 applications are received, all applications submitted by 11:59pm that day will be given consideration, including those in excess of 300.
We encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible to ensure their applications are submitted before the announcement closes. We will not consider applications which are late due to the announcement closing once the above number of applications is reached.
This position is located in the Office of Public Affairs at the National Museum of African American History and Culture (NMAAHC). The Web Content Manager will educate the public about African American history and culture through web-based initiatives, engagement, development and maintenance of NMAAHC's website. Responsibilities include:
- editing existing site content and making updates as needed;
- reviewing, tracking and reporting on website traffic using Web Trends and Google analytics;
- researching, writing, editing and producing digital and visual content for the website that educates, engages and inspires diverse NMAAHC audiences;
- planning, writing, editing and supporting the development of online exhibition scripts, promotional content, information and features pertaining to NMAAHC's collections, public programs, education and research, and other initiatives;
- editing and reviewing content for accuracy, proper grammar, relevance and appropriateness for audiences and user groups;
- carrying out quality assurance checks on content; and
- actively participating in key meetings and collaborating with NMAAHC staff and managers to ensure the website plays a principal role in fulfilling NMAAHC's strategic goals and program objectives.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…This position is open to all U.S. Citizens or U.S. Nationals
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/475356700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.