Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency please: Click HereLearn more about this agency
Any offers of employment made pursuant to this announcement will be consistent with all applicable authorities, including Presidential Memoranda, Executive Orders, interpretive U.S. Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) guidance, and Office of Management and Budget plans and policies concerning hiring. These authorities are subject to change.
As an Assistant Federal Security Director for Screening (AFSD-Screening) for the Office of Security Operations (OSO), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS), you will:
- Mitigate threats against aviation and other transportation sectors by providing leadership and direction to TSA personnel engaged in screening operations.
- Serve as principal advisor to the Federal Security Director (FSD) on all operational matters.
- Develop, plan, coordinate, and implement policy that supports screening operations, customer service, and stakeholder programs.
- Implement and measure performance of screening standards and security programs.
- Provide oversight of passenger, baggage, air cargo security screening operations, airport security risk assessments, security technology implementation, preventative maintenance, crisis management, communications network protection, and other related programs as directed by the FSD.
- Facilitate and communicate the receipt, utilization, and delivery of intelligence information, incident reports, and other appropriate information to the workforce.
- Identify intelligence resources for use by staff to strengthen security posture. Participate in briefings concerning classified information.
- Model and work with leadership team to develop and maintain workforce command presence and professional appearance.
- Create and lead a collaborative culture that encourages engagement and networking. Leverage shared expertise at all levels to mitigate security threats.
- Evaluate threat mitigation strategies and tactics using risk assessment concepts and tools, including "threat, vulnerability, and consequence."
- Determine effectiveness and recommend adjustments as needed.
- Practice, promote, and implement programs that reinforce critical thinking skills, specialized communication tactics, and improve the ability of the workforce to make independent, security based decisions by using available intelligence, critical thinking, experience, observation, and passenger engagement.
- Develop and maintain a calm, controlled operational environment in order to enhance the workforce's ability to mitigate security threats.
- Create a work environment in which employees at every level are valued and encouraged to raise issues and voice concerns without retaliation or fear of reprisal.
- Ensure that their organization applies and promotes the Integrated Conflict Management System (ICMS) core principles and complies with applicable standards.
- Mentor teams at all levels and provide constructive feedback that recognizes positive behavior and promotes individual improvement, growth, and confidence.
- Provide management and technical oversight to staff members and perform related supervisory functions (e.g., performance evaluation, administration of leave, discipline, training, awards, and recognition).
- Interact with stakeholders to identify and resolve operational issues.
- May perform tasks/assume responsibilities for the FSD during his/her absence.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current Federal employees of TSA on permanent or competitive temporary appointments.
Salary range listed includes Locality Pay of 29.65%.
This position is located at Orange County John Wayne Airport (SNA) in Santa Ana, CA.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/475157200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.