Looking for a great place to work? The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is one of the best! In 2016, USACE ranked number two of government large-agency subcomponents! As rated by their employees, USACE supervisors strongly support employee development and opportunities to demonstrate leadership skills, while also maintaining an optimal work/life balance. The Corps offers a team-inspiring and collaborative work environment; providing challenging and rewarding careers across a variety of disciplines.Learn more about this agency
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
The District is located near downtown Jacksonville with easy access to a major interstate highway, flexi-time work schedule with credit hour option, workspace cubicles in corporate business setting with security, free parking with shuttle bus service, eating facilities within building and nearby, onsite ATMs and gym. More information about the Jacksonville District is located at http://www.saj.usace.army.mil/.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
- Conduct anthropological/archeological/historical studies of cultural resources.
- Prepare anthropological/archeological/and historical reports.
- Participate in contract execution for archeological services.
- Prepare time and cost estimates.
- Develop environmentally sensitive plans and participate fully in the planning process.
- Plan, organize and coordinate the archeological, geological, and historical surveys with universities, museums, historical societies, and local, Sate, and other Federal agencies for District programs.
- Responsible for reports on items of pre-historical and historical significance for survey reports, design memoranda, environmental assessments, and environmental impact statements associated with District programs.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/474389600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.