If you are applying through Merit procedures, the following information applies to you:
Employees Serviced by DLA: Civilian Federal employees who receive human resources servicing through the Defense Logistics Agency DO NOT need to submit supporting documentation if applying through merit promotion. Your record in Electronic Official Personnel Folder (eOPF) will be used to verify your eligibility. It is your responsibility to ensure the required documents are in your eOPF for verification purposes. If your documents are not in eOPF, you must submit them to the announcement you are applying for at time of application. Failure to submit all of the documents on time will result in automatic disqualification.
All current and former Federal employees must submit a copy of your latest SF-50 showing your tenure, grade and step, and type of position occupied (i.e., Excepted or Competitive).
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: This announcement is open to: Current or Former Permanent Civilian Federal Employees in the Competitive Service; Displaced employees (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan - ICTAP eligible) within the Local Commuting Area; and individuals eligible for the following Special Appointing Authorities approved by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM): Veterans with a disability rating of 30% or more, Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA) Eligible Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities. (Click on the links for more information regarding eligibility for these special appointment authorities: http://archive.opm.gov/staffingPortal/Vetguide.asp#6 or www.opm.gov/disability.)
If you are applying through Delegated Examining Unit (DEU) procedures, the following information applies to you:
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: This announcement is open to: All U.S. CitizensLearn more about this agency
As a Legislation & Congressional Management Specialist you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Serve as the Unified Legislation and Budget process owner.
- Develop and integrate the agency's legislative strategy supporting the agency's policy agenda and legislative program, priorities and goals.
- Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts to ensure they have all the templates and materials necessary to draft legislation
- Keeps DoD M&RA and P&R updated on DoDEA legislative actions; will liaise as necessary and attend meetings on behalf of the Chief of the division; provides support to the DoDEA director IRT the White House, Cabinet Members, Members of Congress, and the Department of State and other federal agencies and maintains liaison functions; serves as the DoDEA contact on a continuing basis with DOD, members and committees of the U.S. Congress, and their staffs for the purpose of presenting, justifying, and defending DoDEA's legislative program
- Monitor congressional and administrative actions that may impact the agency's mission and policies.
- Monitor committee hearings and provide action reports on those that potentially impact or are about the agency and/or their leadership.
- Monitor the annual NDAA and Appropriations process and its impact on DoDEA's budget, operations and policy.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of pending legislation that has the potential to impact the agency.
- Provide summaries of congressional action to DoDEA's leadership.
- Develop a strategy plan for legislative interaction with the Team Leader to support the mission of the agency
- Serve as the lead agency Congressional Specialist reviewing and responding to congressional inquiries, request for information, briefings, and other request
- Function as a key support staff to the front office on congressional interactions with the Hill including writing of testimony, answering Questions for the Records, and preparing key agency witnesses.
- Works with DoDEA staff and DoD equivalents to ensure that congressional responses are answered appropriately and in timely manner.
- Monitor and maintain tracking system of CATMS and non-CATMS congressional inquiries.
- Stay current and modify DoDEA's program to align with OSD and WHS standards and procedures for all official and non-official documents.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens and Status Candidates
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/473741500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.