About the Agency
This position is located in the National Ocean Service (NOS), Office of National Marine Sanctuaries (ONMS), Silver Spring, MD.
This position will be filled under the DOC Alternative Personnel System (CAPS). This system replaced the Federal GS pay plan and structure. Under CAPS, positions are classified by career, pay plan, and pay band.
The ZA-05 is equivalent to the GS-15.
The full performance level of this position is ZA-05.
* A supervisory probationary period may be required.
* Payment of relocation expenses is not authorized.
* This position is not in the bargaining unit.
*This vacancy may be used to fill other Supervisory Program Specialist, ZA-301-05 positions throughout NOAA. The position must be alike (e.g.: within the same geographic locations, same grade/band requires the same qualifications as indicated in this vacancy announcement).
The individual selected for this position will:
- Direct the day-to-day operations of the program such as development, implementation, and execution of administrative and program management principles and development of programmatic concepts, policies, and objectives.
- Provide direction and oversight of financial operations and human resources.
- Ensure that infrastructure is sufficient to support operations for the system including information technology and small boat and facility capabilities, as well as identify, prioritize, and resolve related issues.
- Provide supervision and leadership to Division Chiefs and Regional Directors.
- Serve as pay pool manager by assessing and leveling scores of Federal employees on annual reviews. In addition, allocate annual pay increases and bonuses per agency guidelines.
- Oversee the development and implementation of ONMS organizational processes, program reviews, and priority programmatic initiatives.
- Draft and edit programmatic policies.
- Occasional Travel
- Once a month
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
* Current Federal employees serving under a career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service;
* Former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility;
* CTAP/ICTAP eligibles;
* Applicants eligible under special hiring authorities; and
* Veterans who are preference eligible, or separated from the U.S. Armed Forces under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous active service, may apply under the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA).
Questions? This job is open to 3 groups.