This vacancy is advertised under 2 different announcements. Read the `Who May Apply` section carefully to determine your eligibility. If you are not eligible under this announcement, please see BOC-2017-0214, Geographer, GG-0150-09/11/12, Census-MP-VM which can be accessed at https://www.USAJOBS.gov.Learn more about this agency
This vacancy is for multiple Geographer positions in the Associate Director for Demographic Programs (ADDP) directorate located in Suitland, Maryland. The Census Bureau is accessible from the Metro Rail Green Line – Suitland Station.
This Job Opportunity Announcement may be used to fill other Geographer, GG-0150-9/11/12, FPL 12 positions within the Census Bureau in the same geographical location with the same qualifications and specialized experience.
A trial period may be required
This position is ELIGIBLE for telework; additional criteria will be required (e.g., supervisory approval).
Relocation expenses may be paid.
This is a BARGAINING unit position.
The individual selected for this position will:
- Plans, researches, and implements the full scope of investigative projects requiring application of geographic concepts, approaches, and a broad understanding of geographic relationships throughout the United States.
- Analyzes findings, evaluates geographic patterns, and delineates the range of plausible explanations.
- Reviews and edits, for completeness, consistency, accuracy, and validity, a variety of geographic materials that may include maps, imagery, coordinates, tables, reports, technical specifications, presentations, and other documents and similar items. Applies knowledge of characteristics of maps and interrelationships of geographic entities and features to defining and uncovering problems and to determining adherence to specifications; takes appropriate steps to resolve errors and inconsistencies.
- Develops specifications, manuals, reference guides, procedures, presentations, and/or analytical reports for geographic projects, as well as the maintenance of portions of a topologically integrated geographic information system, including creation, update, and edits of content and base map features.
- Prepares drafts and/or final versions of specialized maps, tables, and lists of geographic data as needed for periodic censuses, surveys, and geographic projects.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All qualified United States citizens.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/473698600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.