The Administrative Office (AO), an agency of the Judicial Branch of the Federal government, is committed to serving and supporting the Federal court system of the United States. The AO provides a broad range of legislative, legal, financial, technology, data, management, administrative and program support services to the Federal Courts.Learn more about this agency
The AO is seeking a Communications Specialist to serve in the Operations Management Division of the Judiciary Data and Analysis Office (JDAO). JDAO is comprised of a diverse team of statisticians, data architects, project managers, and other subject matter experts focused on collecting, analyzing, and disseminating essential judiciary information and statistics to make fact- based decisions and fulfill Congressional reporting requirements.AO positions are classified and paid under a broad-banded system with the exception of positions in the AO Executive Service. Salary is commensurate with experience. Most AO employees are eligible for full Federal and Judiciary benefits.
The AO is committed to attracting the best and brightest applicants in support of the Third Branch of government. In our role as a support organization of the Judiciary, AO employees are challenged to utilize their talents and expertise to ensure the Judiciary's critical role in American society is not only upheld, but enhanced for the future.
This position is located in the Operations Management Division of the Judiciary Data and Analysis Office (JDAO). The Operations Management Division is responsible for the operational, administrative, communication, and editorial needs of JDAO. Duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating within JDAO on how to best present caseload data to the AO, courts, and general public users and work closely with offices across the AO, including but not limited to the Office of Public Affairs;
- Conceptualizing, preparing and designing the display of information for briefings, training and informational materials, and presentations;
- Creating and developing infographics to provide a more robust and dynamic display of data, information and trends;
- Supporting office-wide communications by contributing and managing the JDAO internal Sharepoint site, newsletters and cross office documents, ensuring relevant content is posted, updated and made available to staff; and
- Serving as the publication coordinator to track the development of JDAO publications and documents against a master publication calendar to ensure documents are prepared, reviewed and disseminated on-time.
Occasional travel - Travel shall be 10% or less.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/473408600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.