Are you interested in a rewarding and challenging career? Join the U.S. Department of Justice!!Learn more about this agency
The Department of Justice is the Nation's Top Law Enforcement agency and is ranked by the Partnership for Public Service as one of the top 3 best places to work in the federal government! The Department of Justice (DOJ), Office of the Inspector General is one of the premier federal inspector general offices with a prestigious team of professionals. The OIG conducts audits, evaluations, investigations and special reviews of the personnel and programs of all DOJ components. The DOJ OIG offers a wide range of federal benefits and a flexible work schedule, depending on position requirements.
This position is located in the Front Office (FO). The FO is comprised of the Inspector General, the Deputy Inspector General, and the Office of the General Counsel. For more information about the Office of the Inspector General, please visit: https://oig.justice.gov/about
This vacancy may be used to fill other similar and/or comparable positions throughout the agency within the stated duty station. Work Schedule: Noon to 6pm preferred, subject to discussion.
If you are selected for the position of Staff Assistant, your responsibilities would include, but would not be limited to:
- Maintaining liaison with OIG management officials, administrative officers and support staff and officials of other organizations in order to assist with implementation of various administrative processes such as administrative records management, classified records, mail distribution, central files, reports controls, requests for personnel actions, training, equipment and supplies management, purchase card orders, time keeping, and other related functions. Performing administrative duties for the highest level of management in a legal environment;
- Preparing agenda, notifying participants, arranging for handouts, and photocopying. Developing background information for internal conferences and meetings. As requested, attending and recording the minutes of meetings which are later summarized and distributed;
- Assisting the Administrative Office Manager in maintaining the OIG suspense listing. Establishing internal suspense dates, tracks task items, determining when extensions are appropriate and either grants extensions within the OIG's authority, or justifies them to external offices. Analyzing and organizing work for the office and providing advisory services staff members on administrative and procedural guidance, operations and practices and utilizing automation systems (i.e., travel, correspondence, time and attendance systems);
- Assisting with the maintenance of suspense listings, and ensuring that the responses are timely, responsive, and prepared correctly;
- Using knowledge of the substantive work of the organization to notify subordinate management officials about technical information requests; and
- Receiving visitors and telephone calls from high-level official of Federal and State government agencies, and on occasion, foreign governments.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/473246400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.