This position is located within the Department of Defense (DoD), Office of Inspector General (OIG), Management Support Team (MST), Chief Information Office (CIO) and is located in Alexandria, VA. The incumbent is responsible for the design, evaluation and strategic management of the OIG enterprise architecture program.
NOTE: The ability to obtain and maintain IAM Level II certification within 6 months of hire if not already obtained is required for this position.Learn more about this agency
Duties as an IT Specialist (Enterprise Architecture) (EA) include but are not limited to:
- Serves as a leader, facilitator, organizer and advisor on enterprise business, data, application, technology and security architecture related activities.
- Evaluates emerging technologies, policies and standards to support the development of innovative solutions and meet evolving business and security needs.
- Leads enterprise IT asset management and configuration initiatives such as evaluating change requests for new or existing services against relevant plans, architectures and asset inventories.
- Collaborates with project managers and business unit leaders for all projects involving enterprise data and addresses data-related concerns regarding systems integration, compatibility, and multiple-platform integration.
- Maintains the OIG IT investment portfolio and assists in the annual review and certification of business systems to ensure architecture alignment.
- Provides project leadership and technical advice to management and other staff elements and components relative to the OIG on the Enterprise Architecture Program.
- Represents the OIG position and interests with external activities on DoD EA related working groups, committees, and panels including DoD, other Federal Agencies, State and local governments, and private industry presenting views of the OCIO on all aspects of EA.
Occasional travel - 10% of travel may be required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/472794700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.