The Federal Election Commission is an independent federal regulatory agency governed by six Commissioners appointed by the President with the advice and consent of the Senate. The agency has exclusive jurisdiction for the administration, interpretation, and civil enforcement of the Federal Election Campaign Act, which regulates campaign contributions and expenditures and disclosures of such, by candidates for federal office and committees supporting those candidates. The legal work at the Commission regularly involves important and complex issues implicating the First Amendment.Learn more about this agency
The purpose of the position is to provide cross-discipline technical guidance for application administration and configuration with a strong emphasis on application administration.
ResponsibilitiesAs an IT specialist the you will provide oversight and assistance to other IT specialists with application development for the Federal Election Commission and provide systems support for major applications.
Typical duties assignments includes:
- Administration for various systems, including monitoring, implementing, and maintaining systems and procedures for installations and application delivery.
- Analysis of logs to identify potential issues as well as resolution of production issues.
- Performance tuning/configuration for Application/Web/Database.
- Support security initiatives for protecting Application a Web systems following Federal guidelines.
- Delivers solutions to both technical and non-technical end users.
- Supports a wide range of technologies, develops and administers standards, policies and procedures continuity of operations and disaster recovery programs.
- Coordinates management of highly complex specialized systems hardware and software technology including local and virtual networks that support the design, development and deployment of complex enterprise applications/systems.
- Collaborate with business owners to understand and develop business and functional requirements.
- Conduct usability testing to improve user experience, enhance, maintain, and troubleshoot application requests including performance, capacity, availability, serviceability and recoverability.
- Develop and maintain new and existing applications both custom and COTS applications.
- Work with team to provide leadership and training to less experience team members.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/472169900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.