This position is located in the Smithsonian’s National Museum of African American History and Culture (NMAAHC). The National Museum of African American History and Culture is the largest national museum for the study and exhibition of African American history and culture. Its primary purposes are to acquire, maintain and preserve objects which document social, cultural, political, military, technological and scientific developments in the United States related to the African American experience; to conduct scholarly research designed to make significant contributions to the body of knowledge in the field of African American history, to publish findings for both scholarly and general audiences; and to interpret historical developments through public exhibits and programs as well as digital content.Learn more about this agency
ATTENTION: Due to the large number of qualified applicants for positions of this type, this job announcement will close at 11:59 pm Eastern Time on either: (A) The closing date listed above or (B) The date that 200 applications are received; whichever occurs first. If the announcement closes on the date that 200 applications are received, all applications submitted by 11:59pm that day will be given consideration, including those in excess of 200.
We encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible to ensure their applications are submitted before the announcement closes. We will not consider applications which are late due to the announcement closing once the above number of applications is reached.
The Social Media Content Specialist is a member of a team of content producers and reports to the Manager of Social Media & Digital Engagement and is responsible for researching, developing, editing, and producing and publishing original content for the Museum's social media channels, including:
- creating original social media content suitable for publishing across all Museum social media platforms and channels;
- collaborating with public affairs, curatorial, external affairs, digital media teams to create unique social content products (e.g., Snapchat Stories, Instagram Stories, blogs, and short videos) and other social media experiences;
- selecting appropriate stories, programs, and links for daily publishing from existing Museum digital archives and online collection for publishing;
- assisting in the execution of a comprehensive social media content strategy; and
- monitoring performance metrics for measuring the impact of published digital content across all Museum digital channels and platforms.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…This position is open to all U.S. Citizens or U.S. Nationals.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/472092300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.