Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
Who May Apply: Federal employees with career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service; former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility based on previous career or career-conditional appointments; displaced Federal employees requesting special priority selection consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) and the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP); veterans who are preference eligibles or who have been separated under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous active service; Military Spouses; PHS Commissioned Corps Officers; individuals eligible for VRA appointments (at the GS-11 and below grade levels); and individuals with disabilities.
PHS Commissioned Corps Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps may apply online to this announcement. Candidates will be referred to (CC) personnel and not as candidates for conversion to a permanent career or career-conditional appointment.
YOU MUST SUBMIT YOUR SF-50, CTAP or COMMISSIONED CORPS DOCUMENTATION
This position is located in the Information Analysis Branch (IAB), Division of Postmarket Surveillance (DPS), Office of Surveillance and Biometrics (OSB), Center for Devices and Radiological Health (CDRH).
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement FDA-CDRH-17-DE-1968023 under competitive procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under competitive procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
Additional selections may be made within the same geographical area FDA-wide.
- Provide administrative and technical supervision necessary for accomplishing the work of the unit.
- Serve as the expert consultant and focal point for the senior management, responsible for the planning, developing, implementing, and maintaining of the OSB databases and information systems as well as other regulatory databases and those that hold historical adverse events.
- Develop, test, and validate systems and programs for use in evaluating the effectiveness of developed and/or purchased programs,
- Review, advise on, and conduct complex development and applications analyses in support of program, including analysis of novel, unprecedented, or controversial problems.
- Coordinate database development and system application for usefulness in existing and future needs with OIMT.