Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
This position is located in the Information Analysis Branch (IAB), Division of Postmarket Surveillance (DPS), Office of Surveillance and Biometrics (OSB), Center for Devices and Radiological Health (CDRH).
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement FDA-CDRH-17-MP-1956803 under merit promotion procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under merit promotion procedures.
NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
Who May Apply: Open to all United States Citizens.
Additional selections may be made within the same geographical area FDA-wide.
- Provide administrative and technical supervision necessary for accomplishing the work of the unit.
- Serve as the expert consultant and focal point for the senior management, responsible for the planning, developing, implementing, and maintaining of the OSB databases and information systems as well as other regulatory databases and those that hold historical adverse events.
- Develop, test, and validate systems and programs for use in evaluating the effectiveness of developed and/or purchased programs,
- Review, advise on, and conduct complex development and applications analyses in support of program, including analysis of novel, unprecedented, or controversial problems.
- Coordinate database development and system application for usefulness in existing and future needs with OIMT.