About the Position:
This position is located in the Arlington, VA, headquarters office of the Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction (SIGAR). The incumbent is part of the Audits and Inspections Directorate (A&I) and reports to the Assistant Inspector General for Audits and Inspections (AIG-A&I). The incumbent serves as the primary editor/publications specialist for A&I. In this capacity, the incumbent edits/proofreads and formats various A&I products, primarily audit and inspection reports and letters, to ensure that they align with A&I templates and the SIGAR Style Guide, thus ensuring these products meet SIGAR standards. The incumbent may also support other SIGAR directorates and offices as approved by the AIG-A&I. Travel to Afghanistan may be required.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Review, edit and format products, such as audit and inspection reports and letters, to ensure they are consistent with established A&I templates and the SIGAR Style Guide and consistent across all products.
- Improve the visual appeal of the reports by working with SIGAR's Visual Information Specialists to develop tables, charts, figures, and photos for use in the products issued by A&I.
- Manage the distribution of products issued by the directorate to include notification letters, drafts for agency comments, and final reports for embargo to the audited agencies and public issuance.
- Manage A&I's electronic mailbox to ensure easy archiving and retrieval of communications with the audit agencies and other external parties.
- Edit reports and other written products for U.S. government agencies, Congress, and other public audiences.
- Managing multiple tasks to achieve stated goals and requirements in identified timeframes.
Occasional travel - overseas travel may be required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/471486000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.