About the Agency
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
About the Bay Pines VA Healthcare System
The Bay Pines VAHCS is one of the nation's leading VA healthcare systems, employing more than 4,000 medical professionals and support staff dedicated to providing the very best care to Veterans residing in southwest Florida. The organization is the fourth busiest VA health care system in the country in terms of patients served and is accredited by The Joint Commission, Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities, and several other nationally recognized accrediting organizations. The Bay Pines VAHCS operates nine facilities to include the main medical center located in Bay Pines and outpatient clinics located in Bradenton, Cape Coral, Naples, Palm Harbor, Port Charlotte, Sarasota, St. Petersburg, and Sebring. To learn more, please visit www.baypines.va.gov or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/vabaypines .
NOTE: Applicant's education and length of practice (experience) will be considered by a Professional Standards Board and Compensation Panel in determining the salary of the applicant selected.
The Bay Pines VA Healthcare System is seeking a Supervisory Physician to serve as the Service Chief of Radiology. The Chief, Radiology position is located at the CWY VA Medical Center and reports to the Chief of Staff. The selectee is fully accountable and for the effective and efficient management and supervision (planning, directing, organizing, and coordinating) of radiology programs and services. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Exercising administrative, programmatic, clinical, and academic oversight of radiology programs to ensure delivery of quality, patient-focused clinical services.
- Coordinating and integrating both clinical and administrative aspects of the radiology programs to meet the needs of the veteran population.
- Continuously reviewing and evaluating the professional performance, competence and professionalism of all individuals with clinical privileges.
- Ensuring that there is compliance with all accrediting organizations' standards that are applicable to radiology programs.
- Assures that performance measures are met and provides efficient management of resources and budgetary constraints.
- Facilitates a collaborative and collegial team environment.
- Develops orientation and training of radiology staff and identifies needs and concerns concerning the service.
- Clinical duties include interpreting various imaging examinations which may include General Radiography (to include fluoroscopy), CT, MRI, Ultrasound, Mammography and Image Guided Interventional Procedures.
- The ideal candidate would possess board certification in Diagnostic Radiology, with sub-specialty fellowship training.
- Strong interest in the academic and teaching activities of the department including instruction to technologists, medical students, radiology residents and radiology fellows.
- Ability to partner with the academic and research affiliations of the Medical Center.
Travel Required: Occasional travel to the Lee County Healthcare Center in Cape Coral, FL
Full Time. Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m to 4:30 p.m.