About the Agency
Apply for this exciting position to support the CG missions of safeguarding our Nation's maritime interests in the heartland, in the ports, at sea, and around the globe.
For over two centuries The U.S. Coast Guard has protected the maritime economy and the environment, we defend our maritime borders, and we save those in peril. This history has forged our character and purpose as America's Maritime Guardian - Always Ready for all hazards and all threats.
The vacancy is being concurrently advertised under merit promotion procedures for status applicants under announcement 17-1879-NE-DG-M. APPLICANTS WISHING TO BE CONSIDERED UNDER BOTH DELEGATED EXAMINING AND MERIT PROMOTION PROCEDURES MUST APPLY TO BOTH VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTS. NOTE: YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS DELEGATED EXAMINING VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT WILL ONLY ALLOW CONSIDERATION FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. WE CANNOT ELECTRONICALLY OR MANUALLY MOVE YOUR APPLICATION TO THE CONCURRENTLY ADVERTISED MERIT PROMOTION ANNOUNCEMENT. PLEASE ENSURE YOU ARE APPLYING UNDER THE CORRECT ANNOUNCEMENT.
This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security, United States Coast Guard, First Coast Guard District, Operations Division, ATON and Waterways Management Branch, Boston, MA.
Any offers of employment made pursuant to this announcement will be consistent with all applicable authorities concerning, including Presidential Memoranda, Executive Orders, interpretive U.S. Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) guidance, and Office of Management and Budget plans and policies concerning hiring. These authorities are subject to change.
You will serves as the support staff member to the Energy and Facilities Branch within the First District Prevention Division for matters involving Coastal and Marine Spatial Planning (CMSP) policy, doctrine and TTP (tactics, techniques, and procedures) initiated by COMDT, LANTAREA or other agencies and authorities to which the Coast Guard is a supporting entity.
Being a CG civilian makes you a valuable member of the CG team. Typical work assignments include:
- Providing technical support, clarification, advice, assistance, and recommendations on matters relating to the development and execution of politically important and highly visible coastal and marine spatial planning.
- Keeping abreast of new methods and developments in specialty fields as they affect program area(s) and, as requested, advising the Chief, Energy and Facilities Branch of progress and difficulties encountered.
- Participating in the development of CMS plans.
- Developing supporting data and materials, including legal documents, publications, and briefings, for various forms.
- Serving as the secondary agency technical authority regarding the regulatory impact of CMSP initiatives on other programs or mission areas.
- Occasional Travel
- 20% travel time required. The amount of travel may increase as Coastal and Marine Spatial Planning (CMSP)demands increase.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
This vacancy is open to all U.S. Citizens and is being advertised under delegated examining procedures.
For definitions of common terms found in this announcement click here
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.