Are you interested in a rewarding and challenging career? Join the U.S. Department of Justice!!Learn more about this agency
The Department of Justice is the Nation's Top Law Enforcement agency and is ranked by the Partnership for Public Service as one of the top 3 best places to work in the federal government! The Department of Justice (DOJ), Office of the Inspector General is one of the premier federal inspector general offices with a prestigious team of professionals. The OIG conducts audits, evaluations, investigations and special reviews of the personnel and programs of all DOJ components. The DOJ OIG offers a wide range of federal benefits and a flexible work schedule, depending on position requirements.
This position is located in the Office of Information Technology (OIT), Management & Planning Division (M&P), Office of the Inspector General (OIG), U.S. Department of Justice(DOJ). OIT is responsible for the OIG's Information Technology program which includes the management and design of the enterprise-wide network; implementation and management of the technical interfaces with other networks and computing platforms; evaluation, selection, installation, configuration, testing, and support of network devices and the requisite system software; maintenance and enhancement of the electronic mail (e-mail) system, handheld mobile devices, and data circuits; accomplishment of network management functions including configuration, fault location/repair, security, performance, and accounting; providing secure connections to DOJ; and the design, development, implementation, and support of agency-wide automated applications, systems, and databases.
For more information on the OIG, please visit our website at https://oig.justice.gov/.
This vacancy may be used to fill other similar and/or comparable positions throughout the agency within the stated duty station.
As a Information Technology Specialist (LAN)-GS-2210-14, your typical work assignments may include the following:
- Building, configuring, deploying and managing network file servers and devices such as network storage units, network backup devices and network infrastructure, devices, and circuits,
- Analyzing IT requirements, developing appropriate automated solutions, and providing server level application and database support.
- Conducting system tests prior to implementation of applications,
- Utilize a variety of analytical techniques to solve problems and provide solutions while working on IT systems,
- Monitoring and preparing for migration and upgrade of legacy systems,
- Implementing, maintaining and enhancing network security systems and related practices
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/471221400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.