Are you interested in a rewarding and challenging career? Join the U.S. Department of Justice!!Learn more about this agency
The Department of Justice is the Nation's Top Law Enforcement agency and is ranked by the Partnership for Public Service as one of the top 3 best places to work in the federal government! The Department of Justice (DOJ), Office of the Inspector General is one of the premier federal inspector general offices with a prestigious team of professionals. The OIG conducts audits, evaluations, investigations and special reviews of the personnel and programs of all DOJ components. The DOJ OIG offers a wide range of federal benefits and a flexible work schedule, depending on position requirements.
This position is located in the Management and Planning Division (M&P), Office of Human Resources (OHR). The M&P Division provides advice to OIG senior leadership on administrative and fiscal policy and assists OIG components in the areas of budget formulation and execution, security, personnel, training, travel, procurement, property management, information technology, computer network communications, quality assurance, internal controls and general support. OHR is responsible for developing and directing programs and activities in human resources management to include staffing, classification, training and development, compensation, benefits, performance management and employee relations.
This vacancy may be used to fill other similar and/or comparable positions throughout the agency within the stated duty station.
If you are selected as a Human Resources Specialist, your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Serving as an expert and advises hiring managers as to the best means for filing vacant positions, considering factors such as advantages of availability of well-qualified candidates and improvement of staffing patterns.
- Performing complex position analysis, determines position requirements and areas of consideration, etc., and utilizes the most efficient techniques to fill vacancies and meet the personnel goals of the division. Locating, analyzing, and applying qualification standards. Preparing merit promotion evaluation plans.
- Utilizing USA Staffing to prepare vacancy announcements and best qualified lists for positions in accordance with Delegating Examining procedures, Merit Promotion Plan Procedures, category ratings principles, CTAP & ICTAP requirements. Reviewing personnel actions for accuracy and completion.
- Recommending policy and practices changes to strengthen and improve the staffing activities, strategies, and techniques.
- Making use of multiple recruiting strategies including special appointment authorities, such as those for employees with disabilities, displaced employees, certain veterans, and direct hires to complete placements for the organization. Works with senior managers to develop contingency plans and alternatives to accommodate changes in missions, funding, manpower allowances, and technology.
- Analyzing and classifying individual positions, explaining the standards, classification decisions, the impact of designated duties on classification, and complain and appeal procedures to employees, supervisors, and operating officials or managers.
- Serving as the program coordinator for one or more individual program areas such as: Pathways, Veterans Employment, Workers' Compensation. Time and Leave Administration, Performance Management, Incentive Award Ceremonies and Special Award Programs, Reasonable Accommodation, Disability Recruitment and Placement, Medicals, New Employee Orientations, Special Training Initiatives, Data System Management, Office Property Management, Office Files Management, Office Safety program activities.
Responsibilities will increase and assignments will become more complex as your training and experience progresses.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/471219900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.