This vacancy is for a Respondent Advocate position located in the Office of Associate Director for Demographic Programs, U.S. Census Bureau, Department of Commerce (DOC), headquaters in Suitland, MD. The Demographic Directorate directs programs on the United States population and its characteristics, income and poverty, and housing. The incumbent serves as a special assistant to the Associate Director with the primary responsibility of advocating for survey respondents with regard to the Census Bureau's standards for privacy and confidentiality, and minimizing respondent burden.Learn more about this agency
This Job Opportunity Announcement may be used to fill other Respondent Advocate, GS-0301-14, (FPL-14) positions within the Census Bureau in the same geographical location with the same qualifications and specialized experience.
The Census Bureau is accessible from the Metro Rail Green Line – Suitland Station.
This position is ELIGIBLE for telework; additional criteria will be required (e.g., supervisory approval).
Relocation expenses will not be paid.
This is a NON-BARGAINING unit position.
The individual selected for this position will:
- Serve as lead representative and participant at internal and external meetings, and other forums to respond to the concerns regarding privacy, confidentiality, and burden of demographic surveys conducted by the Census Bureau.
- Serve as a liaison with internal and external stakeholders and the public to ensure efficient, accurate, and timely responses to respondent concerns.
- Work with Census staff on the development of new surveys to ensure compliance with respondent burden guidelines.
- Serve as team lead on respondent burden related projects.
- Maintain records of respondent complaints and advises Executive Staff on appropriate actions to minimize respondent burden.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current Department of Commerce employees (includes any Bureau under Commerce) on a permanent competitive appointment; Current Department of Commerce employee (includes any Bureau under Commerce) on a term, temporary or excepted service appointment with reinstatement eligibility; and Surplus and displaced Commerce employee (CTAP).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/470835500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.