If you would like to be a part of a Federal organization dedicated to serving our Nation and those who defend it, consider a career with the Department of Defense (DoD) Office of the Inspector General (OIG). The agency promotes integrity, accountability and improvement of critical DoD programs and operations to support mission accomplishment and to serve the public interest. The OIG offers the full range of Federal benefits (see link below) and a flexible work schedule, depending on position requirements.This position is located in Alexandria, VA.Learn more about this agency
- Reviews written products including reports of investigation, policy documents, investigations policy and procedures manuals and guides, and ensures they are written in accordance with professional standards.
- Recommends edits as required for readability, tone and style to be suitable for the intended audience.
- Reviews and verifies information in consultation with investigators.
- Recommends new presentation formats to ensure material is presented clearly and in accordance with established templates and correspondence guides.
- Ensures clarity and correctness of spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Ensures that statements are complete, clear, and logical; that technical terminology is uniform; that syntax and expression are consistent; and that report organization is logical and conveys the desired emphasis.
- Reviews draft policy documents for adherence to the DoD Issuances guidelines.
- Independently develops complex training material on report preparation, writing techniques, and technical writing matters (e.g., punctuation, grammar, capitalization).
- Establishes and operates in a SharePoint environment for editorial collaboration and organization of written products.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All US citizens.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/470630200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.