The Architect of the Capitol (AOC) Office of Inspector General (OIG) promotes efficiency and effectiveness to deter and prevent fraud, waste and mismanagement in AOC operations and programs. The OIG’s value-added, transparent and independent audits, evaluations and investigations keep the Architect of the Capitol and Congress fully informed and positively affect the AOC and benefit the taxpayer.Learn more about this agency
The mission of the AOC is to serve Congress and the Supreme Court, preserve America's Capitol and inspire memorable experiences. Under the leadership of Stephen T. Ayers, FAIA, LEED AP, the roles and responsibilities of the Architect of the Capitol cover an expansive and diverse portfolio. The AOC is responsible for the maintenance, operation, development and preservation of 17.4 million square feet of buildings and more than 553 acres of land throughout Capitol Hill. The AOC provides a welcoming and educational environment for millions of visitors through the U.S. Capitol Visitor Center and the U.S. Botanic Garden. The AOC also provides professional expertise on the preservation of architectural and artistic elements entrusted to its care. Learn more at www.aoc.gov.
The AOC prides itself on our Core Values of Teamwork, Integrity, Pride and Professionalism. The PROFESSIONALISM and INTEGRITY of each AOC employee demonstrates our dedication to providing quality services and our commitments to holding ourselves to the highest standards. We recognize that we do our best work through TEAMWORK, each of us lending our individual strengths and talents to the greater goal of the entire team. We respect each other and rely on each other in our efforts to make the AOC a center of excellence. We take PRIDE in what we do and in the honor of serving Congress, the Supreme Court, and the American people each and every day.
We have a unique opportunity for an exceptional leader to become our Deputy Inspector General and Counsel. The Office of the Inspector General (OIG) is responsible for upholding the integrity of the administration of activities that serve Congress and the American public. The OIG’s mission is to promote the economy, efficiency and effectiveness of AOC programs, operations and major construction projects.
This senior level role assists, advises and represents the Inspector General and shares responsibility for professional legal review, policy formulation, strategic planning, program oversight, litigation, administration, safety and operational management. The incumbent shares fully in the responsibility for supervising and coordinating investigations and audits of fiscal, administrative, management activities and possible fraud, waste and abuse to promote economy, efficiency and effectiveness.
In this capacity, the incumbent:
- Independently researches legal issues, provides legal advice to the IG, and conducts litigation of legal cases, as an expert in the practice of law in the Federal administrative and judicial process, especially regarding OIG institutional and personnel issues.
- Assists and collaborates with the Inspector General with overall responsibility for the audit and investigative functions relevant to activities directed by the AOC.
- Assists and advises the Inspector General in reporting to the AOC and Congress concerning fraud, abuse, and waste and contract administration.
- Assists the Inspector General in performing administrative, technical and professional legal supervision of the staff, serving as the direct-line supervisor to the Assistant Inspectors General for Investigation and Audits.
- Provides leadership, management and supervision of a team relevant audits and investigations.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Applications will be accepted from all U.S. Citizens.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/470315600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.