Established by Congress in 1861, GPO is transforming itself as an agency and as a business. We provide other agencies with innovative services for the printing, publishing, storage, and distribution of digital content. The public will enjoy permanent access to digital government information, acquiring it quickly, easily, and with confidence in its authenticity. GPO employees are proud of their abilities and passionate about their craft. Whether your expertise is in putting ink on paper, commanding a digital output system, or engineering the delivery of information online, we'd like to talk to you.
This position is located in the Chief of Staff, Office of Public Relations; Washington, DC
Selectee will work shift 1 and have a tour of duty of 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
This position is located in the Public Relations Office, a staff office to the Director, Government Publishing Office. The incumbent coordinates and performs a wide variety of duties designed to support the Public Relations functions, under the direction of the Chief Public Relations Officer. Critical responsibilities will include developing/managing social media campaigns to promote the agency and writing press releases and videos in simple language to enhance GPO's public image.
· Demonstrated experience in collaborating with both internal and external sources to strategize and implement social media campaigns on behalf of an organization.
· Identifying opportunities for an organization to expand marketing efforts through social media.
· Managing social media campaigns and day-to-day activities. This includes managing content in social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn, relevant blogs and adding content into social applications
· Creating and monitoring as well as maintaining and reporting on analytics and benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media campaigns.
· Identifying emerging social media opportunities for the agency.
· Write and post high-quality content about GPO for national-level social media presence (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, etc.)
· Use digital images, video, and electronically-produced graphics to create original social media content.
· Establish relationships with GPO Business Units to create, cross-promote and leverage social media content.
· Analyze social media analytics data and user feedback to understand user trends and content effectiveness.
· Use working knowledge of new and emerging media to monitor, analyze and adapt work within the bounds of agency policy.
· Ensure social media content meets accessibility standards, policy and legal requirements.
· Knowledge and expertise of emerging social media platforms.
· Research, draft press releases for distribution to media outlets and the public.
· Write and produce video scripts on GPO topics.
· Conduct interviews, log and transcribe sound bites for agency videos.
· Manage and maintain media contact lists.
· Manage and maintain daily news clippings for GPO coverage
· Communicate with news reporters to relay their inquiries to supervisor.
· Organize and conduct tours informing GPO guests of the agency's history and everyday production.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens and Status Candidates
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/470268000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.