If you would like to be a part of a Federal organization dedicated to serving our Nation and those who defend it, consider a career with the Department of Defense (DoD) Office of the Inspector General (OIG). The agency promotes integrity, accountability and improvement of critical DoD programs and operations to support mission accomplishment and to serve the public interest. The OIG offers the full range of Federal benefits (see link below) and a flexible work schedule, depending on position requirements.This position is located in Alexandria, VALearn more about this agency
- Review all assigned reports and other written materials for consistency of mechanics and expression, logical organization and development, and general readability.
- Adjust as required, report tone and style to be suitable for the intended audience.
- Recommends new presentation formats to ensure that material is presented clearly and with no possibility for misunderstanding. Ensure complete and cogent presentation of the subject. As necessary, rewrites significant portions of reports to ensure appropriate final presentation.
- Recommends and discusses with the author(s) editorial changes designed to enhance the clarity of the information, grammatical accuracy, and consistency of the data. Ensure clarity and correctness of spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Advises clients of any changes in style or format requirements and disseminates current policy. Provides recommendations to whether reports are written in a way in which findings support recommendations, support overall report conclusions, and that conclusions correspond to objectives. Verify the accuracy of calculations, references, footnotes, acronyms, etc.
- Develops and provides training to advise writers on how to recognize and correct common errors and weaknesses in writing. Collects examples of current problems observed, identifies trends, and summarizes information for dissemination to all appropriate levels.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All US citizens.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/470158100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.