The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!Learn more about this agency
WYOMING ARMY NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED:
This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Wyoming Army National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants must currently be members in the Wyoming Army National Guard in order to be considered for employment.
OPEN AREA OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 4: Job Opportunity (Dual Status Technician) - Merit Promotion: All current military members of the Wyoming Army National Guard may apply.
Position #1 Title: Ammunition Inspector
Position Series/Grade: WG-6501-09
Position Description #: D2281000
Para/Line #: 1627/765
Position #2 Title: Ammunition and Explosive Handler
Position Series/Grade: WG-6501-07
Position Description #: D2278000
Para/Line #: 1627/760
Location: United States Property and Fiscal Office Ammunition Supply Point (ASP), Camp Guernsey, WY
Enlisted applicant's military grade cannot exceed the maximum military grade authorized. Over-grade applicants must provide a written demotion statement of understanding with application, willingness to be administratively reduced in grade to E6/SSG if selected for this position. A Demotion Statement of Understanding is located at: http://go.usa.gov/cfJfG
Applicants' under-grade or over-grade (without a written demotion statement of understanding) will not be considered for this vacancy. Acceptance of this position does not in any way constitute a military promotion.
This position is located in the United States Property & Fiscal Office (USPFO) Supply & Services Division, Ammunition Supply Point (ASP). This is an Army National Guard (ARNG) Dual Status Technician position requiring military membership, compatible military skill assignment, and classification. The primary purpose of this position is to perform the handling, storage, examining, transporting, and identifying of ammunition and explosives to detect defects, serviceability, deterioration, and compliance with all ammunition and explosives regulations, acceptable standards, specifications, or contractual requirements, as well as policy and procedures.
As a AMMUNITION INSPECTOR, WG-6501-7/9, you will:
b. WG-07 AMMUNITION and EXPLOSIVE HANDLER MAJOR DUTIES:
(1) Perform Ammunition Inspections pertaining to the receipt, classification, storage, issue and shipment of ammunition items.
(2) Prepare items for shipment to other depots and/or installations. Using the correct Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and packing requirements, ensures all shipments meet DOT requirements, are palletized and banded according to the hazard class division, and establishes the correct weight and cube.
(3) Verification Inspection. Perform a variety of routine and special inspections of conventional ammunition. Performs quality monitoring of maintenance operations, area inspections magazine storage inspections and basic load inspections.
(4) Transportation Related Inspections. Inspect empty military vans and trucks to ensure that carriers meet standards for transporting ammunition, explosives, and other hazardous materials.
(5) Propellant Inspections. Inspect propellant charge containers and bulk propellants in storage. Inspects condition of powder bags for service-ability, safety, and markings.
c. WG-09 AMMUNITION INSPECTOR MAJOR DUTIES:
(1) Conducts pre-issue inspection of ammunition items prior to issue. Check each item for restrictions or suspensions. Inspects vehicles, equipment, and storage areas relating to the safety and security of Ammunition and Explosives (A&E).
(2) Inspect ammunition, performs maintenance, care, preservation, shipping and storage operations, assuring compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), safety regulations, drawings, etc. during operations. Conducts visual, mechanical, functional, static or dimensional tests as required.
(3) Responsible for the requirements of all ammunition management documentation. Researches, analyzes, and completes the proper and required documentation of ammunition transfer records, surveillance records, ammunition condition reports, quality deficiency reports, magazine data cards and numerous other documentation and/or reports.
(4) Assists in the National Level Ammunition Capability (NLAC) resupply and excess management process as required. Receives shipments of all types of ammunition. Inspects conveyances carrying incoming/outgoing ammunition for damage, proper lot numbers, compatibility of contents, and compliance with directives and regulations.
(5) General knowledge of ammunition processes, regulations, and inspection requirements.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Only current military members of the Wyoming Army National Guard will be considered for this vacancy.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/470134900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.