It is anticipated that there will be significant interest in the announcement. As a result, the announcement will close at 11:59 p.m. ET on the date of receipt of the 200th application or at 11:59 p.m. ET on 05/17/2017; whichever occurs first. Any required documents should be submitted at the time that you apply as documents will not be accepted after the vacancy closes.Learn more about this agency
OIG is organized into three line elements: the Offices of Investigations, Audits and Evaluations, and Healthcare Inspections; along with the Office of Contract Review and the Office of Management and Administration. In addition to the Washington, DC, headquarters, OIG has offices located in more than 30 cities throughout the country.
The Supervisory Auditor position is located in the Office of Audits and Evaluations (OAE), Chicago, IL field office. The incumbent serves as Division Director and is responsible for managing a wide range of OAE projects including audits, evaluations, and reviews. In addition, the incumbent is also responsible for managing the administrative activities of the Division, and supervising a staff of auditors, management analysts, and support personnel.
As a Supervisory Auditor, you will:
- Provide direction and guidance to ensure that all project work is performed in accordance with VA, OAE, and OIG requirements, and applicable professional standards.
- Manage and supervise work through project managers and other supervisors, and direct and coordinate work for as many as 20 staff members including auditors, management analysts, and support personnel. Develop and implement methods to promote team building and improve business practices.
- Direct audits, reviews, and evaluations of VA programs and functions, including major programs with significant resources and a nationwide impact. Exercise significant responsibilities in advising VA managers, Congress, and other key officials of the effectiveness and efficiency of program operations.
- Make decisions on problematic work issues presented by subordinate supervisors, evaluate their work, and serve as a reviewing official on the evaluations they complete for the project staff. Ensure that performance standards and rating techniques are equitably applied in all staff appraisals.
- Review and provide input to strategies and techniques that project teams use to accomplish work objectives in the most effective and efficient manner, including use of statistical sampling and computer assisted techniques; assist teams in solving significant problems and resolving disagreements by clients and others.
25% or less - Travel nationwide under tight deadlines. The incumbent should anticipate frequent walking and standing as a component of this travel.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. citizens or U.S. Nationals who are:
Status Eligibles, VEOA eligibles, CTAP/ICTAP eligibles, eligible for special hiring authorities (e.g., the Schedule A appointment for persons with disabilities, or covered by an Interchange Agreement).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/469078600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.