A Unified Organization Working as One Team
If you would like to be a part of a Federal organization dedicated to serving our Nation and those who defend it, consider a career with the Department of Defense (DoD) Office of the Inspector General (OIG). The agency promotes integrity, accountability and improvement of critical DoD programs and operations to support mission accomplishment and to serve the public interest. The OIG offers the full range of Federal benefits (https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Pay_and_Benefits) and a flexible work schedule, depending on position requirements.
This position is located in Alexandria, VA with the Department of Defense, Office of Inspector General (DoD OIG), Office of the Deputy Inspector General of Investigations (DIG INV), Defense Criminal Investigative Service (DCIS), and Investigative Operations Directorate.
- Directs a staff of criminal Investigators and support staff in the accomplishment of all investigative activities pursuant to Federal Statutes, DoD policy and general office instructions.
- Recommends the hiring, promotion, and reassignment of employees; evaluates performance; approves leave; authorized travel; receives and resolves complaints; identifies development needs and provides development and training of employees.
- Ensures the protection, storage, and destruction of all information concerning the subjects of investigations according to DoD OIG policy, Freedom of Information Act and the Privacy Act.
- Analyzes new or revised regulations, policies, Federal Statues, and procedures effecting agency programs.
- Identify elements requiring possible investigations.
- Analyzes criminal complaints, determines patterns and trends of these criminal activities, and recommends appropriate action to be taken.
- Plans, organizes and conducts physical and asset protection surveys of DoD facilities, where billions of dollars of material and classified defense information are stored.
Occasional travel - May require up to 25% temporary travel duty (TDY)
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current DoD OIG Agency Employees Only
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/467965600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.