Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Serve as Protocol Specialist and assistant Protocol Officer with responsibility for planning, coordinating and execution of distinguished visitor operations. Organize official luncheons, dinners, receptions, and gatherings hosted by the Commanding General and is responsible for operational planning, and administrative and protocol procedures. Utmost tact, diplomacy, and professional competence is required particularly during official functions and when providing advice and assistance to all levels of management.
About the Location:
This position is located in Grafenwoehr, Germany, in the state of Bavaria (Bayern). The US Army Garrison Grafenwoehr is located in a scenic area and the city of Grafenwoehr is right outside the gates of the training area. For additional information please visit www.bavaria.army.mil.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the ArmyCurrent Department of Defense (DOD) - Civilian Employee (non-Army)
Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employee (other than DOD) Eligible under Veterans' Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
Eligible for overseas Military Spouse Preference
Eligible for overseas Family Member PreferenceEligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
Eligible for Excepted Service Overseas Family Member Appointment (FMNP)
- Plan, coordinate and arrange regularly scheduled and extra ordinary official social functions, which involve the Commanding General, Chief of Staff as well as commanders of higher and subordinate commands.
- Organize official luncheons, dinners and meetings.
- Assists Protocol Officer as point of contact for the command on protocol requirements.
- Attend to visitor comfort for events and conferences hosted by the command.
- Reserve billeting, fill out purchase requests for contracted hotels; coordinate with transportation, media representatives and ensure security of personnel.
- Advise the command and subordinate subcommunity personnel on courses of action considering rank and precedence among US and non-German allied military and civilian personnel and groups.
- Occasional Travel
- 15%Temporary Duty Travle (TDY)/Business Travel