About the Position:
This recruitment is for three Natural Resources Specialist (Ranger) GS-05/07/09 developmental positions with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Ft. Worth District, Operations Division, Piney Woods Regional Office in Jefferson, TX. Positions may be filled at either the GS-5/7 or 9 levels. Promotion to the target grade level will be through the intervening grade of GS-07. Promotion is at the discretion of management.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) - Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employee (non-DOD)
- Former Federal Employee, eligible for reinstatement
- Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
- Eligible under Veterans' Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
- Priority Placement Program, Program S (Military Spouse) registrants referred through the Automated Stopper and Referral System (ASARS) for this position
As a Natural Resources Specialist (Ranger), you will be involved in all aspects of project operations including natural resources, recreation, and dam safety. You will coordinate short-range planning and execution of all activities related to one or more of the following:
- Recreation and park administration
- Shoreline management and stabilization
- Fisheries and wildlife
- Pest control
- Soil conservation
- Historic property management and protection
- Visitor assistance and public safety and education
Occasional travel - Business Travel Conditions (TDY) up to 5%
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current Civilian Employees with the Department of the Army, Department of Defense (DOD) -Civilian Employees (non-Army), Permanent Federal Civilian Employees (non-DOD), Former Federal Employee eligible for reinstatement, Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP), Eligible under Veterans' Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA), Priority Placement Program, Program S (Military Spouse) registrants referred through the Automated Stopper and Referral System (ASARS) for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/467644900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.