It is anticipated that there will be significant interest in the announcement. As a result, the announcement will close at 11:59 p.m. ET on the date of receipt of the 200th application or at 11:59 p.m. ET on 4/21/17; whichever occurs first. Any required documents should be submitted at the time that you apply as documents will not be accepted after the vacancy closes.Learn more about this agency
OIG is organized into three line elements: the Offices of Investigations, Audits and Evaluations, and Healthcare Inspections; along with the Office of Contract Review and the Office of Management and Administration. In addition to the Washington, DC, headquarters, OIG has offices located in more than 30 cities throughout the country.
The SUPERVISORY AUDITOR, located in the Office of Audits and Evaluations (OAE), Quality Assurance Division, is responsible for performing operations and assignments related to Quality Assurance program activities, functions, and performance, as well as policy and procedures, and administrative functions.
As a SUPERVISORY AUDITOR, you will:
- Organize and manage OAE’s component of the External Peer Review, annual Quality Assurance Plan, Quality Control Reviews, and Independent Referencing and Review, as well as Budget initiatives.
- Manage and lead peer reviews and external quality control reviews of other Federal agencies’ audit activities, in accordance with Comptroller General CIGIE requirements.
- Develop and maintain OAE’s TeamMate application policies and procedures (protocols) to ensure effective support of OAE operations.
- Manage (technical aspects) audit project teams in preparation, maintenance, and revision of OAE directives, handbooks, and information bulletins that provide effective guidance for project quality assurance.
- Coordinate draft responses on management issues that involve OAE functions, projects, or other activities including comments to inquiries by VA, Congress, or others.
25% or less - Travel nationwide under tight deadlines. The incumbent should anticipate frequent walking and standing as a component of this travel.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. citizens or U.S. Nationals who are:
Status Eligibles, VEOA eligibles, CTAP/ICTAP eligibles, eligible for special hiring authorities (e.g., the Schedule A appointment for persons with disabilities, or covered by an Interchange Agreement)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/467340500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.