About the Position:
This is an excepted service appointment. If a current federal employee with career or career conditional status is hired for this position, the employee will be required to sign a memorandum of understanding prior to being converted to the excepted service.
This is a Career Program (CP) Position: CP-32.
Management may select at any of the grade levels announced as Full Performance.
Noncompetitive promotion potential to target grade.
***In addition to using the USA Staffing tool, applicant must follow "Additional Requirement" instructions to be consider for this position.***
Fort Gordon is Approximate 139 miles east of Atlanta, 80 miles southwest of Columbia, S.C. and 122 miles northwest of Savannah, Georgia. Located about eight miles southwest of Augusta, Fort Gordon's location is close to the Augusta metropolitan area and an easy drive to Atlanta, Savannah, Charleston, the beaches along the Atlantic Ocean and the mountains.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
Army employees who currently hold Schedule A Excepted Service Religious positions must submit a copy of their current SF50 (Notification of Personnel Action) that reflects the highest grade held on a permanent basis.Learn more about this agency
- Serve as the Senior Director, Religious Education at the USAG Fort Gordon; operating as the garrison chaplain's key resource person in the area of religious education and religious formation.
- Analyze, develop, manage, present and evaluate religious education programs and religious formation processes that facilitate the religious development of Soldiers and Family members of all faith groups and all ages.
- Assist Unit Ministry (UMT) and Religious Support Teams (RST) and other individuals who request advice or support in securing educational resources needed for the practice of specific religious groups.
- Provide guidance and direction for religious program design, curriculum and resource selection, teaching training, management of volunteers, and administration of the religious education program for all religious group.
- Create marketing and advertising products for the comprehensive religious education program to include unit, installation, seasonal, special and congregational events and youth ministry opportunities.
- Integrate into all information platforms across the installation (Public Affairs Office, Facebook, flyers, email, internet etc.)
- Provide support to the Installation Chaplain, UMT/RSTs and Fort Gordon Congregations in planning community wide programs.
- Ensure background checks and training are complete and accurate for all volunteers involved in religious education and youth ministry programs in accordance with DOD and Army policy.
Occasional travel - Work related travel is required up to 5% of the time.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/467207500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.