This position is located in the Defense Media Activity (DMA), which is a Department of Defense (DoD) field activity reporting to the Assistant Secretary of Defense (Public Affairs). The DMA is a worldwide media organization employing state-of-the-art and emerging multi-media production and distribution technologies and operates from multiple locations in the US and overseas and with deployed combat and contingency forces throughout the world.Learn more about this agency
As a Lead Public Affairs Specialist (Social Media) at the GS-1035-13 level, some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Serves as Social Media Team Lead and manages social media editorial content produced by military, civilian and contract employees within DoD Social Media.
- Responsible for developing and executing social media programs and products in support of DoD communication strategies and public affairs objectives.
- Manages the identification of communication opportunities, coordinates with key leadership and public affairs elements to ensure consistency, develop strategy and tactics to achieve goals and objectives, and integrate new media tactics into communications programs.
- Supports Department of Defense Public Affairs Program, to include emerging media, identifies communications tools, evaluate and test tools for DoD use, identifies and overcome obstacles to implementation and adoption, develop and initially execute tactics to leverage new tools in support of OSD-level public affairs goals and objectives.
- Leads the team in assessing its strengths and weaknesses, provides leadership to the team in the exploration of alternative course of actions, and determines what improvements can be made.
- Leads the team in identifying, distributing and balancing workload and tasks among employees in accordance with established workflow, skill level, and/or occupational specialization; making adjustments in accordance with established priorities to ensure timely accomplishment of assigned team tasks.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…This announcement is open to: All U.S. Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/466825500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.