If you would like to be a part of a Federal organization dedicated to serving our Nation and those who defend it, consider a career with the Department of Defense (DoD) Office of the Inspector General (OIG). The agency promotes integrity, accountability and improvement of critical DoD programs and operations to support mission accomplishment and to serve the public interest. The OIG offers the full range of Federal benefits (see link below) and a flexible work schedule, depending on position requirements.
This position is with the Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoD OIG), Mission Support Team (MST), Financial Management Office (FMO), Acquisition Division (AQD). The incumbent of this position is an acquisition specialist responsible for operations and actions for complex information technology (IT) acquisition.
**The January 23, 2017, Presidential Memorandum, entitled "Hiring Freeze", ordered government agencies (including DoD Office of Inspector General) to freeze all hiring of Federal civilian employees. In an effort to ensure DODIG is best positioned to resume hiring after the hiring freeze expires and the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) issues its plan to reduce the size of the Federal Government's workforce, DODIG will continue its recruitment efforts (post job vacancy announcements, evaluate and screen applicants, interview, etc.). NO EMPLOYMENT POSITIONS WILL BE FILLED UNTIL RESOLUTION OF THE HIRING FREEZE, or the position qualified for a hiring exemption pursuant to OMB guidance. We appreciate your patience and understanding in this process.**Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but are not limited to:
· Analyzes and interprets procurement law and regulation, executive orders, DoD policy and guidance, and Comptroller General Decisions; Determines impact on OIG acquisition plans, policies, and operations and advises division chief leadership on effect on OIG programs and operations and on incorporation into OIG acquisition processes; Identifies the need for, researches, and drafts proposed policies and procedures for internal use and for use OIG-wide; Explains and interprets law, regulation, and procedures to OIG components.
· Participates in acquisition planning; Analyzes past requirements and trends; Develops data and projections of acquisition requirements; Recommends strategies and options for delivery of acquisition services to support the OIG mission worldwide.
· Analyzes procurement and acquisition business processes, customer service levels, and other program areas; Develops and applies evaluation criteria and metrics to evaluate branch progress toward established metrics and service delivery; Identifies gaps and potential improvements and recommends changes; Leads or conducts special projects and studies in areas of responsibility.
· Manages a variety of acquisition and procurement actions for specialized equipment, supplies, and services; Reviews requests; Performs market research and cost and price analysis to determine the most effective and efficient acquisition method to meet mission requirements within cost and budget constraints and consistent with law and regulation.
· Performs primary Information Technology (IT) acquisition by communicating plans, mission, vision, and values to organization leadership; articulates planned projects, deadlines, and timeframes; coaches, coordinates initiatives, and advises on IT work; Leads the IT efforts in balancing and adjusting workloads; Assesses and reports on IT procurement progress; Trains IT staff members on IT acquisition processes; Monitors and reports on work and project progress and on individual and group efforts; Represents staff to higher management; Maintains records, policies, and files for IT staff projects; Prepares and maintains records of work accomplishments; Obtains resources for IT team efforts.
· Works with components to prepare documents such as statements of work, cost analyses, or sole source justifications for procurement and acquisitions; Reviews documents submitted to ensure accuracy and adequacy for submission to the contracting support center.
· Communicates with various contracting support centers during the complete procurement life cycle; Provides expert advice to staff and OIG components; Ensures that all actions are consistent with OIG policies and procedures and with acquisition plans; Represents OIG components to support centers, ensuring that centers provide responsive service, identifying issues and resolving or recommending resolutions.
· Processes the collection of data and evaluates contractor performance; Maintains performance metrics; Identifies issues and trends; Researches systemic or recurring problems to determine cause and develops improvements to internal acquisition management policies and processes as appropriate.
Occasional travel - Up to 10% of work time may require travel
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/466204700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.