Department of Defense (DoD)
National Reconnaissance Office (NRO)
Aerospace Data Facility (ADF)
Site Service Group (SSG)
Facility Engineering Office (FEO)
Mission Statement: The NRO is the U.S. Government agency in charge of designing, building, launching and maintaining America's intelligence satellites. The NRO provides reconnaissance information to the Intelligence Community and the DoD warfighters. For more information see: http://www.nro.gov.
DoD Components with DCIPS positions apply Veterans' Preference to preference eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 USC, in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1200.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement. If you are a veteran claiming veterans' preference, as defined by section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you must submit documents verifying your eligibility with your application package. http://www.opm.gov/Forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf.
This Position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) position in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1601. For more information see http://dcips.dtic.mil.
Selection under this appointment authority does not confer civil service competitive status.
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED:
This announcement is open to: Current NRO Civilian Employees Only.
Employees Serviced by DLA: Civilian Federal employees who receive human resources servicing through the Defense Logistics Agency DO NOT need to submit supporting documentation if applying through merit promotion. Your record in Electronic Official Personnel Folder (e-OPF) will be used to verify your eligibility. It is your responsibility to ensure the required documents are in your e-OPF for verification purposes. If your documents are not in e-OPF, you must submit them to the announcement you are applying for at time of application. Failure to submit all of the documents on time will result in automatic disqualification.
All current and former Federal employees must submit a copy of your latest SF50 (Notification of Personnel Action) showing your tenure, grade and step, and type of position occupied (i.e., Excepted or Competitive); or similar Notification of Personnel Action documentation, i.e., Transcript of Service, Form 1150, etc.
As a Supervisory Equipment Specialist you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Perform the full range of supervisory duties over the SSF/FEO Utility Shop.
- Serve as ADF SSG/FEO senior technical advisor to senior leadership level functional managers, in the maintenance, operation, and training related to complex and sophisticated systems, equipment, and infrastructure support systems.
- Provide expert technical advice to senior leaders, functional managers, and senior facility operations specialists in the maintenance, operation, and training related to complex and sophisticated systems and equipment.
- Provide technical assistance to SSG/FEO branch chiefs and shift supervisors in resolving complex system/equipment problems.
- Ensure education in, compliance with, and practice of security directives, good safety, and health habits in all work areas.
- Occasional Travel
- Based on mission requirements