About the Agency
When disaster strikes, America looks to FEMA. Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
This position centers around the digital engagement space and will encompass responsibilities in web design, multilingual engagement, working on digital and mobile platforms, and social and web content. This position starts at a salary of $54,972 (IC-09) or a salary of $66,510 (IC-11).
Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Office of External Affairs, Digital Engagement Branch within FEMA.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
This position is being announced under FEMA's Cadre of On-call Response/Recovery Employee (CORE) Program. This is a temporary appointment in the Excepted Service, not to exceed 2 years, with the option to extend based on workload and funding availability. Veterans Preference does not apply to the CORE selection process.
In this position, you will work within the knowledge of written and oral communication principles, techniques and methods, analytical methods, and interpersonal relations practices in the digital engagement space. Typical assignments include:
- Conducting user interface enhancements to disaster-related digital products, including fema.gov, m.fema.gov, smart phone app, and social media accounts
- Developing content for any disaster-related, multi-lingual social media channels
- Assisting with planning of product enhancements and content for digital mobile platforms
- Assisting with work related to public affairs activities related to communications and coordination of agency messages - through the use of social media
- Conducting data analysis, training, reporting, and program planning
- Occasional Travel
- Occational Non-Emergency travel may be required