To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
WHO MAY APPLY: Applications will be accepted from United States citizens(U.S. citizenship required at time of application).
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here.
For information on veterans preference click here.
MILITARY SPOUSE PREFERENCE: Click here for specific program requirements. To request MSP hiring preference, you must submit the following documents:
· Application or resume;· Statement requesting MSP; and
· Copy of military sponsor's PCS ordersLearn more about this agency
- The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a Congressional Liaison Representative within the Office of the Legislative Liaison, with full range of Congressional liaison assignments. To provide direct support to SAF/LL Director of Staff in management of SAF/LL work processes and managerial programs. The employee serves as a representative of the Secretary of the Air Force and part of the official communication chain between the White House, Congress, sister-services and State governmental leaders.
- Performs substantive management reviews. Using knowledge of and experience with the Posture Preparation Process, acts as a key member of the Posture Preparation team; provides critical assistance to leadership and action officers for Posture preparation. Participates in processes and initiatives to determine appropriate recommendations for unresolved issues related to Posture preparation and Congressional hearings, testimony and other related legislative issues. Collaborates and plans with other organizational leaders, managers and their staffs to coordinate and/or integrate all organization operations and interests.
- Prepares and plans for senior leadership meetings with Members of Congress. Appropriately develops and executes "Skull" Study Sessions for the nominees in preparation for their congressional testimony. Develops study materials in the question and answer format based on questions posed to the SecAF and CSAF during their congressional testimony, and information provided by Air Force Legislative and Financial Management Budget Liaisons.
- Researches, prepares and submits the Congressional Daily update. Conducts thorough research and requests updates from various offices and staff action officers, to create the leadership-informing key daily update on congressional/legislative-related topics. Provides draft update to the Director of Staff for review and distribution to Senior Air Force leaders including the SecAF, CSAF, USecAF, VCAF, CMSAF, Air Staff Directors, and MAJCOM Commanders. This includes updating the Top 5 engagements & hearings, other Air Force engagements, non-top 5 hearing schedules, Congressional travel and Congressional correspondence.
- Serve as a project lead; develops, and evaluates detailed plans, goals, and objectives for daily management and long-range implementation of SAF/LL managerial and administrative programs. Reviews and evaluates substantive program operations, management and organizational effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity for assigned programs. Reviews, tracks and assumes responsibility for a wide variety of tasks. Drafts courses of action; makes recommendations for appropriate program, project and policy changes; ensures suspenses, correspondence/responses are provided accurately, professionally and timely.
- Performs administrative and managerial duties in support of the SAF/LL organization. May serve as a Government Purchase Card Billing Official (BO), perform duties as a web page manager, and/or manage other duties and programs that fall within the Director of Staff's responsibility The BO is responsible for ensuring that the transactions of individual cardholders meet the legal requirements for authorized purchase card transactions that the facts presented in all cardholder documentation are complete and accurate, and that adequate documentation is available for individual transactions. The SAF/LL web pages provide internally- and externally-facing communication to stakeholders.
Occasional travel - Work may require travel away from the normal duty station on military or commercial aircraft
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/465406300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.