When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.Learn more about this agency
The ideal candidate will assist in the development of public affair approaches, specific topics, or aspects, as well as communication strategy for intended audiences in support of the Center for Domestic Preparedness. This position starts at a salary of $49,765 (GS-09). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Center for Domestic Preparedness (CDP) team within FEMA.
In this position, you will be responsible for assisting in the development, coordination, and dissemination of Center for Domestic Preparedness (CDP) communications tactics and products. Typical assignments include:
- Developing, coordinating and disseminating communication products to support proactive, cross-audience communications activities designed to reach internal and external audiences.
- Editing and lay out of an internal newsletter on a deadline.
- Taking photographs to support news and feature stories and other CDP events.
- Drafting, fact checking, and editing a variety of written products.
- Interacting with internal and external audiences in order to promote an understanding of the organization's mission and activities.
- Organizing, supporting, and coordinating materials for visitor briefings, CDP tours and events, community outreach events, media events, and press conferences.
Occasional travel - This position may require non-emergency travel (5%)
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
- All U.S. citizens
- Status candidates may also apply under FEMA-17-TM-148277-MP
- View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/465286200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.