The Office of Inspector General (OIG) offers you the opportunity to become a part of one of the most challenging and important missions facing the country today. The OIG ensures that all DHS programs and operations are carried out in the most effective, efficient and economical manner by conducting independent audits, inspections and evaluations, and investigations. In our dynamic environment, you will work side with special agents, attorneys, auditors, program analysts and IT experts to deter, identify, and address fraud, abuse, mismanagement, and waste of taxpayer funds invested in homeland security.Learn more about this agency
As an Assistant Special Agent in Charge, you will provide oversight in all matters pertaining to the detection, investigation and prosecution of suspected violators of fraud, abuse, and integrity laws within the Department and its programs. Typical work assignments include:
- Directs and coordinates in-depth reviews and evaluations of criminal, civil, and administrative investigations.
- Identifies program areas that require investigative action or administrative review..
- Conducts and monitors interviews with suspects, witnesses and informants.
- Oversees the service of arrest and search warrants; and grand jury and administrative subpoenas.
- Establishes relationships and conducts liaison with local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies.
- Prepares, reviews, and revises policies, program standards, and techniques.
- Provides guidance and advice to senior management concerning criminal, civil, and administrative investigations and program operations.
- Provides supervision to special agents, administrative and clerical staff in the field office and its outlying offices.
25% or less - 25% or Greater travel may be required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current federal employees who hold or held a non-temporary career or career-conditional appointment
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/464559400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.