This position is located in the Department of Defense (DoD) Office of Inspector General (OIG), Mission Support Team (MST), Logistics Management Office (LMO), Facilities and Space Management Division. Performs day-to-day space management functions, keeps supervisor, team members and customers apprised of the on-going project status, reviews space requests and requirements for validity and adequacy, ensures the project documentation is filed (electronically and manually) in the project folders, meets all assigned suspense dates, and performs follow-up actions as necessary.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected.
· Current Permanent Department of Defense DODIG
· Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) - DOD Transfer (Excluding DODIG)
· Current Permanent Non-Department of Defense Civilian Employee - Non DOD Transfer
· Former Federal Employee, eligible for reinstatement
· Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
· Eligible under Veteran's Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
· Priority Placement Program S (Military Spouse) registrants referred through the Automated Stopper and Referral System (ASARS) for this position
· Eligible for NAF/AAFES Interchange Agreement
· Eligible for 30% Disabled Veterans
· Eligible for Persons with Disability
· Other Special Hiring Authority
· Interchange Agreement
· Executive Order 12721
· Military Spouse under Executive Order 13473
Duties include but are not limited to:
1. Prepares complete sets of Design Intent Drawings (DIDs) for all facilities, space, and telecommunications requirements. Drawings contain information concerning the location, design, materials, dimensions, standard parts, etc. that is necessary to carry out construction, demolition and systems furniture installation and alteration projects. Drawings involve a variety of branches of engineering and design and include such things as floor plans, furniture and equipment layout, and structures, parking areas, plumbing, heating, air conditioning and electrical systems. Coordinates and validates all facilities, space and telecommunications requirements with the appropriate parties to ensure a turnkey project is provided to the customer. Performs technical review and analysis of contractor prepared designs and specifications for such facilities, space and telecommunications systems.
2. Coordinates, obtains or develops cost estimates for budgeting purposes for a variety of multiple-use leased space construction projects. Using General Services Administration (GSA), Federal Property Management Regulation (FPMR) and the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Department of Defense (DoD), Washington Headquarters Services (WHS) and OIG standards, regulations and instructions, determines construction operations and methods involved and the time frame required to complete each phase or feature, cost of operation and maintenance, material types and quantities and overhead, tax, and other costs.
3. Maintains space allocation standards, records, spreadsheets, plans, files and charts for an effective space management program. Enters all space management information into a computerized tracking system and maintains current information. Updates computer systems and record copies to show partition arrangement, location and amount of space with coded designations. The exact location and amount of space assigned to each OIG component housed at each location is shown in detail. Revisions are frequent to reflect transfers of space and office relocations. Conducts on-site space utilization surveys, market surveys for new space, attends final acceptance space for new or renovated office space and implements other actions as required to insure the full and efficient use of assigned space.
4. Works with OIG components, GSA Regional Offices, WHS components for leased space projects within the National Capital Region (NCR), construction contractors and others to develop and carry through to completion all alterations, renovations and systems furniture installation or alterations projects. Efficiently plans and accomplishes organizational relocations to meet approved program goals. Investigates administrative and technical situations and devises plans to adjust OIG needs to space availability to ensure maximum use of space, promoting efficient and economical operations.
5. Plans and coordinates with OIG components moves of office furniture and equipment due to changes in space allocations. Prepares detailed AutoCAD floor plans, layouts for location of furniture, telecommunications equipment, lines and wall jacks, electrical requirements and special furniture and equipment items and coordinates the same with the services staff and the customer components. Ensures the completion of space alterations and relocations with a minimum disruption in daily activities of the customer component offices involved.
Occasional travel - 30% of travel may be required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/463810300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.