As an FBI Special Agent with language skills and cultural knowledge, your specialty in Arabic, Bosnian, Chinese, Farsi, Russian, Somali, Uzbek, Korean or another language is key. You may be asked to interview a victim of human trafficking, translate during a suspect interview or testify in court. Special Agent candidates with foreign language skills are required to pass the FBI's Foreign Language Test Battery in addition to Special Agent qualifications and exams.Learn more about this agency
Wherever you may be working now, we need your expertise! Motivated individuals from a wide range of linguistics and language backgrounds have become Special Agents. We're looking for experts from all specialty areas to create a diverse, high-functioning multidisciplinary team that can stay ahead of threats.
Being a Special Agent can be a lifelong career of uncommon days and amazing experiences. Here's what you'll need to succeed:
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Written and verbal proficiency in a language or languages other than English and the ability to communicate clearly in English with colleagues both internally and externally.
- Ability to be detail-oriented, yet keep a strategic focus.
- Ability to objectively evaluate information and make sound judgments.
- BA/BS degree (preferably in linguistics or language).
- Native/fluent experience in a particular language and culture.
- Honesty and integrity must be the foundation of who you are.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- The drive and commitment to make a difference in the communities you serve.
Occasional travel - Travel is dependent on position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/463485800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.