As an FBI Special Agent, your STEM background provides skills in areas we need most. We need logical thinkers experienced in network security, computer science, software engineering, mathematical formulation and more. Technology permeates every aspect of what we do, from counterterrorism to criminal investigations and fighting cyberattacks. You'll have opportunities to become a Technically Trained Agent or a part of our Computer Analysis Response Teams.Learn more about this agency
Wherever you may be working now, we need your expertise! Motivated individuals from a wide range of STEM backgrounds have become Special Agents. We're looking for experts from all specialty areas and backgrounds to create a diverse, high-functioning, multidisciplinary team that can stay ahead of threats.
Being a Special Agent can be a lifelong career of uncommon days and amazing experiences. Here's what you'll need to succeed:
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills.
- A deep understanding of the deployment, administration and support of information and computing infrastructure.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with both technical and nontechnical colleagues and stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- Ability to be detail oriented, yet keep a strategic focus.
- Ability to objectively evaluate information and make sound judgments.
- BA/BS degree in information technology, forensic science, computer technology or similar disciplines.
- Honesty and integrity must be the foundation of who you are.
- Demonstrated technical expertise and problem-solving ability.
- The drive and commitment to make a difference in the communities you serve.
Occasional travel - Travel is dependent on position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/463485000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.