This position is located in the Department of Defense (DoD), Office of the Inspector General (OIG), Deputy Inspector General. Investigative Policy and Oversight. The incumbent will work with a team of special agents and investigators conducting evaluations of Defense Criminal Investigative Organizations (DCIOs) and Department law enforcement agencies and conducting oversight of the DoD OIG subpoena and contractor disclosure programs. He/she must have a comprehensive knowledge of federal criminal investigative laws, statutes, and policies and mastery of a wide range of methods for assessing and improving criminal and administrative investigations and investigative programs. The incumbent routinely handles the most complex subpoena requests and sensitive contractor disclosures investigated by the DCIO. The position is located in Alexandria, VA.
· Works as a member of a team of investigators working DoD IG subpoena requests and DoD contractor disclosures.
· Handles complex and sensitive cases investigated by the OIG.
· Develops data collection methodologies and collects required data to identify strengths and weaknesses.
· Monitors, reviews, and analyzes DoD IG subpoenas and DoD contractor disclosures; effective use of investigative techniques.
· Develops, implements and evaluates polices for the conduct of DoD IG subpoenas and DoD contractor disclosures.
Occasional travel - May require up to 20% temporary travel (TDY)
Who May Apply
This job is open to…DoD OIG Agency Employees Only
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/462601000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.