The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is the agency Americans trust with their lives. As a global leader in public health, CDC is the nation's premier health promotion, prevention, and preparedness agency. Whether we are protecting the American people from public health threats, researching emerging diseases, or mobilizing public health programs with our domestic and international partners, we rely on our employees to make a real difference in the health and well-being of people here and around the world.
Who May Apply: Open to US citizens and applicants eligible under Schedule A authority.
This HHS Position meets the criteria outlined in OMB M-17-18 and is exempt from the hiring freeze.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement HHS-CDC-M4-17-1873054 under merit promotion procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under merit promotion procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
Medical Officer positions may be filled with this open continuous vacancy announcement within any CDC organization. This announcement will be used to fill positions in various geographical locations HHS-wide.
Commissioned Corps Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps (not as a career/career-conditional employee) are encouraged to apply under the merit promotion announcement indicated above.
CDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Learn more about this agency
As a Medical Officer you will:
- Provide support to the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) in public health research and analyses.
- Perform non-clinical duties involving the evaluation of medical research or the identification of causes or sources of disease or disease outbreaks.
- Apply epidemiological principles and/or procedures to investigate, review, analyze, and/or determine the cause(s) of problems, situations, inconsistencies, and/or issues related to programmatic degradation or systemic or causal parameters.
- Research findings which impact significant public health programs, issues, problems, processes, and procedures and/or the transmission of other causation of disease or public health issues or situations.
- Make substantive, multi-layered, and/or multi-dimensional recommendations and/or courses of action to carry out control procedures.
- Streamline public health processes and procedures, knowledge bases, and/or effect new approaches to resolve programmatic issues that contribute to the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the HHS disease prevention, control and health promotion mission.
Occasional travel - As required by the position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Multiple Appointment Types
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/459814600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.