DOL seeks to attract and retain a high performing and diverse workforce in which employees’ differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the diverse customers we serve. DOL fosters a diverse and inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility and fairness so that all individuals are able to participate and contribute to their full potential.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Department of Labor, Wirtz Labor Library (WLL), the mission of the Wirtz Labor Library (WLL) is to maintain and access information resource base and a configuration of information services in support of Departmental programs, Departmental agencies and offices, and the officers and staff of the Department.
The WLL maintains a large collection of legal, regulatory and legislative materials in a variety of formats and provides service and support to officers and staff of DOL's Office of the Solicitor (SOL) and to other DOL agencies and patrons from outside DOL requiring this specialized collection.
This position has promotion potential to GS-12. Promotion Potential: There is no obligation to provide future promotions to you if you are selected. Future promotions are dependent on your ability to perform the duties at a higher level, the continuing need for an employee assigned to the higher leve, and supervisory approval.
- Multiple vacancies may be filled through this job opportunity announcement.
- This position is inside the bargaining unit.
- This position is Telework eligible.
- Providing reference services, literature searches, and bibliographic services based on questions received from individuals; prioritizing collections for incorporation into the library’s digital asset repository and integrated library system; assisting in digitization efforts and creation of metadata; and capturing utilization statistics and making recommendations for improved library services and products. The individual will be responsible for using existing electronic procurement and financial networks in the Department.
- Leads collection management and development activities which include prioritizing material for digitization, reviewing collections for preservation needs, processing of donations, reviewing weeding and retention policies for all areas of the library’s collections, and recommending new materials.
- Supports the Library in strategic planning; researches and recommends electronic information resources.
- Monitors and evaluates customer utilization to assist in future services.
- Works with vendors to determine product identification, development and availability of items and works with the procurement office to develop purchase agreements and statement of work for various services.
- Maintains close liaison with various professional groups and committees who are vital to the operation of the Library for resource sharing and promotes the Library’s resources on a national and international level, as appropriate. Maintains relationships within the professional community.
- Provides recommendations on how the Department of Labor can best meet agency needs for information resources from a variety of sources.
- Works with vendors to determine product identification, development and availability of items and works with the procurement office to develop purchase agreements and statements of work for various services.
- Responsible for the acquisition of materials and establishing internal procurement and quality processes to ensure appropriate accountability for acquisitions. This includes ensuring that the most effective acquisition method to purchase or procure material is being used and applied.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. Citizens; ICTAP and CTAP eligibles in the local commuting area.
Also being advertised as job announcement # MS-17-HRC-BOC-046 for status applicants, Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) to be considered for each, apply to BOTH jobs.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/458102700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.