This position is located in the Foreign Press Center, Bureau of Public Affairs (PA/FPC). The incumbent serves as the Public Affairs Specialist for the Media Co-Operatives Program with responsibility for planning, coordinating and overseeing the programming and logistics of news features on a wide variety of topics by foreign press visiting the U.S. The Media Co-Op program sponsors visits to the U.S. by foreign press to collect audio and video footage for in-depth news programs that provide foreign audiences with views of American life and U.S. foreign policy.Learn more about this agency
This position is eligible for telework; additional criteria will be required (e.g., supervisory approval).
- Provides advice on selection and assignments of projects to contract producers based on their qualifications and previous performance in managing productions of a related nature.
- Oversees the Issuance of grants for production projects and ensuresthat funds are allocated and spent in accordance with grant agreements.
- Reviews budgets for compliance and accuracy.
- Cultivates and maintains close collaboration and coordination with key officials throughout the Department, and with press and media teams from around the world, who are selected for Media Co-Ops to ensure commonality of purpose and full integration of plans, ideas, and actions necessary for the continuing success of the Co-Op program.
- Recommends changes in the scope and direction of the Co-Op program as needed to improve overall effectiveness and to respond to shifts in public diplomacy priorities and new public diplomacy initiatives.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Open to all U.S. citizens
"You are encouraged to read the entire announcement before you submit your application package. Your application may not get full consideration if you do not follow the instructions as outlined."
"More than one selection may be made from this announcement if additional identical vacancies in the same title, series, grade and unit occur."
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/457832500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.