THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a IT SPECIALIST (SYSANALYSIS), PD Number D2340000and is part of the RI 102D CYBERSPACE OPERATIONS SQUADRON, National Guard. This position is located in a Cyberspace Operations unit. The primary purpose of the position is to provide information to assess the unit's ability to meet the unit operations, training, and readiness missions in support of fielding a complex cyberspace weapons system.Learn more about this agency
Independently evaluates the effectiveness of substantive unit cyberspace support and maintenance programs, processes, and personnel in meeting their established goals and objectives. Collectively evaluates management effectiveness, unit self-inspection compliance, and the performance and technical proficiency of assigned personnel. Coordinates and/or conducts management studies of organization, staffing, work measurement, methods, or procedures. Monitors all unit quality assurance-type programs ensuring adherence to all requirements defined in USAF, AFSPC, ANG, and other applicable directives. Interprets a variety of technical requirements making independent judgments to determine organizational compliance with applicable regulations, procedures and practices. Reviews workload requirements to ascertain areas where procedures can be combined, distributed, or simplified to increase productivity, efficiency, or effectiveness. Analyzes evaluation results on both a quantitative and qualitative basis to provide concise and objective information to identify mission strengths and weaknesses. Notes deficiencies, identifies necessary resources, and recommends corrective action. Provides organization management with factual, objective assessments of the unit's ability to perform the mission, from a cyberspace support and maintenance standpoint. Provides management officials with information needed for effective direction of programs to include reports identifying limiting factors, program management opportunities, and availability of operable mission equipment. Evaluates mission equipment effectiveness. Develops and administers a system of internal audits, evaluations, and checklists designed to ensure conformance with unit mission. Using standardized and locally developed evaluation programs and processes, responsible for planning and accomplishment of scheduled and unscheduled managerial, personnel, technical and special evaluations. Responsible for acceptance and certification of cyberspace systems and implementation of quality and reliability plans for assigned cyberspace systems. Develops sampling plans and procedures for monitoring product certification decisions. Develops, recommends, assists in implementing, and monitors process improvements and corrective actions. Utilizes comprehensive knowledge of implemented programs and their interrelationships to apply statistical analysis techniques to measure progress, efficiency, and trends impacting the effectiveness of the organization. Performs cost-benefit and task analysis to seek more efficient and effective means and methods to achieve desired results. Develops process, management, administrative, and technical evaluation plans for implementation by managers in order to improve product and service quality. Responsible for managing any required Process Improvement Teams (PITs) to help develop recommendations to improve methods or processes. Identifies or creates internal metrics and measures progress toward accomplishment of unit plans, programs, goals, and objectives. Develops baselines and evaluation criteria for use in measuring and analyzing organizational mission equipment productivity or effectiveness. If no output quantity or quality criterion exists, recommends establishment of these requirements. Advises employees, supervisors, and managers on the evaluation of basic program policies, regulatory requirements, and procedures. Recommends internal reporting and status tracking procedures to ensure adequate control in terms of deadlines, progress reports, and follow-up reports.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Rhode Island Air Guard.
- To be considered for this vacancy you must be a current member of the Rhode Island Air National Guard or a service member willing and eligible to transfer into the RIANG.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
- Applicant must be certified IAW DoD 8570.01-M, Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002, Clinger Cohen Act of 1996 and obtain Special Experience Identifier (SEI) 264, Information Assurance ? Technical Level II (IAT II).
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
Military Grades: E-4 through E-7
Compatible Military Assignments: 1B4X1, 3D0X2, 3D0X3, 3D1X2
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: The following qualification factors are applicable to the Cyberspace positions:
- Skilled in collecting and analyzing data effectively, efficiently, and accurately;
- Ability to plan, direct, and coordinate difficult and complex programs;
- Ability to develop, apply, and adjust cyber program plans to attain agency objectives;
- Ability to select, develop, and supervise a subordinate staff;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, not only with subordinate staff, but with all levels of key management officials, the latter particularly requiring the exercise of tact, ingenuity, and resourcefulness;
- Ability to make oral and written presentations in a clear and concise manner;
- Ability to apply a high level of sound and independent judgment in the solution of cyber program problems and cyber mission requirements;
- A broad knowledge of and ability to utilize principles, methods, techniques, and systems;
- Ability to write proper English in reports and presentation formats;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively;
- Skilled in training, mentoring, and problem solving; and,
- Skilled in applying procedures and directives by reading and interpreting program material.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: At least 12 months of work experiences are required that involved assessing the required capabilities to meet unit operations, training, and readiness missions in support of fielding a complex cyberspace weapons system. Competent in evaluating the unit's cyberspace support effectiveness and the unit's maintenance programs, processes, and personnel in meeting established mission goals and objectives. Experienced in evaluating management effectiveness, unit self-inspection compliance requirements; and, the assigned personnel's performance and technical proficiencies. Experienced in coordinating or conducting management organizational studies of staff performance, work measurement, methods, or procedures. Experiences included monitoring unit quality assurance-type programs and ensured adherence to all requirements defined in USAF, AFSPC, ANG, and other applicable directives. Skilled in the ability to interpret technical requirements and made independent judgments that determined organizational compliance with applicable regulations, procedures and practices. Experiences included reviewing workload requirements to ascertain areas where procedures can be combined, distributed, or simplified to increase productivity, efficiency, or effectiveness. Competent in analyzing evaluation results on both quantitative and qualitative basis that provided concise and objective information on mission strengths and weaknesses. Skilled to identify deficiencies, necessary resources, and recommended corrective actions. Previous tasks included organizational management with factual and objective assessments on the unit's capabilities to perform cyberspace support and maintenance missions. Experienced in providing management officials with reports on limiting mission factors, program management opportunities, and availability of operable mission equipment. Experienced in evaluating mission equipment effectiveness. Experiences included administering internal audits, evaluations, and checklists that were designed to ensure conformance with unit mission. Capable in using standardized and locally developed evaluation programs and processes. Experienced in planning and conducting scheduled and unscheduled managerial, personnel, technical and special evaluations. Skilled in cyberspace systems' certifications and implementing quality and reliability plans for assigned cyberspace systems. Experienced in developing plans and procedures for monitoring product certification decisions. Competent in developing, recommending, assisting in implementing and monitoring program process improvements and corrective actions. Knowledgeable in implementing programs and their inter-relationships and applied statistical analysis techniques to measure progress, efficiencies, and trends that impacted on the organizational effectiveness. Experienced in conducting cost-benefits and task analysis to identify more efficient and effective means and methods to achieve desired results. Experiences included developing procedural, administrative, and technical evaluation plans that improved product and service quality. Experienced in conducting and participating in Process Improvement Teams that developed recommendations for improved methods and processes. Skilled in creating internal metrics and measures that marked progress toward accomplishment of unit plans, programs, goals, and objectives. Experiences involved establishing baselines and evaluation criteria that were used in measuring and analyzing organizational mission equipment productivity or effectiveness. Skilled in presenting formal and informal briefing and written reports in regard to the Cyberspace program mission readiness. Skilled in advising employees, supervisors, and managers on the evaluation of basic program policies, regulatory requirements, and procedures.
Must have high school diploma. Dependent on the education requirements for award of the position's compatible military skill (AFSC), an undergraduate degree in Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services from an accredited college/university is desired. Completion of higher education courses in Computer Engineering; Engineering Physics/Applied Physics; Industrial Engineering; Electromechanical Engineering; Electrical, Electronics and Communications; Computer Technology/Computer Systems Technology; Cyber/Electronics Operations and Warfare; Mathematics and Computer Science; Accounting and Computer Science; Computational Science; Management Information Systems and Mathematics; or, courses in business, English composition, computer software, and keyboarding is desired. A graduate degree in Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services is optimum.
If you are using Education to qualify for this position, you must provide transcripts or other documentation to support your Educational claims. To receive credit for Education, you must provide documentation of proof that you meet the Education requirements for this position.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- Expert knowledge of IT and cyberspace mission system architecture, integration techniques, system analysis, and testing methods.
- Knowledge of a wide range of IT principles, concepts, methods, advancements, policies, design, development, testing and applications, both hardware and software sufficient to assess the organization's IT business requirements.
- Knowledge of the principles of information assurance, network security, and techniques to ensure serviceability, safe operation, proper configuration, accountability, and sustainability of systems to meet mission requirements.
- Knowledge of computer security concepts to guarantee authenticity and confidentiality of digital communications messages and transmissions, communication security principles, infrastructure security concepts, cryptography, access controls, attack prevention, encryption key generation and use, as well as operational and organizational security.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies, reviews technical periodicals, publications, commercial standards, and attends seminars.
- Knowledge of a wide range of cyberspace concepts, principles, and practices. Work encompasses complex and uncommon interfaces and policies and practices; sources of technical data to evaluate new devices, proposals, and approaches; and a practical understanding of contracting procedures and legal requirements.
- Knowledge of DoD and Air Force, AFSPACE, cyberspace regulations, services, and instructions to ensure network services are in compliance with applicable regulations and instructions.
- Knowledge of operational and performance characteristics of IT networks to develop procedures/policies/practices for local use.
- Knowledge of commonly used practices, guides, and a broad range of operating techniques concerning both standard and unique cyberspace systems design installation and concept of operations.
- Comprehensive knowledge and skill in applying statistical analysis and evaluative techniques to the identification, consideration, and resolution of issues or problems of a procedural or factual nature.
- Comprehensive knowledge of technical and managerial processes related to employment of information technology and cyberspace systems.
- Expert knowledge of administrative regulations and operating procedures to identify, analyze, and provide recommendations for improving management, administrative, operations and maintenance methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of Air Force (USAF), Air Force Space Command, and Air National Guard (ANG) policies, procedures, regulations and precedents.
- In-depth specialized knowledge of Cyberspace Operations missions, equipment, objectives, terminology, and management practices. ect.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your resume showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates (including Month and Year, e.g., 02/2017, Feb 2017, etc.) of employment and duties performed.
2. A complete Assessment Questionnaire
3. A filled out and signed OF-306/ Declaration for Federal Employment (http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf)
Other supporting documents, such as college transcript(s) if qualifying based on education, must be submitted in English. Failure to submit the required documentation will result in automatic disqualification.
Please ensure your resume accurately reflects the duties and responsibilities under each position you have held with each employer. In describing your experience, please be clear and specific. It is your responsibility to make sure your resume states complete information for each job entry (beginning and ending dates of employment stated as MM/YYYY; and total hours worked per week). If your resume does not provide enough information regarding your work history for us to make a creditable qualification determination, your application package may be rendered disqualified and you will no longer be considered for this position. Any and all resumes must be written in your own words, plagiarism is considered to be dishonest and unethical and will automatically disqualify you from the position.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application/Occupational Questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. To view the Occupational Questionnaire, click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10584927
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
Agency contact information
AddressRI 102D CYBERSPACE OPERATIONS SQUADRON
508 Rhode Warrior Way
North Kingstown, RI 02852
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
Persons appointed with indefinite status may be separated when their services are no longer needed. If a permanent status employee at the same grade level as this announcement is selected, Nature of Action will be Reassignment; tenure will change from Permanent to Indefinite status. Should the need for the indefinite time limitations placed on this position no longer exist, the Temporary Promotion and/or the Indefinite Appointment could be converted to permanent action without further competition.
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Air National Guard Units, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/543984600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.