THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a GS-2210-11 INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST (NETWORK SERVICES) (TITLE 32), Position Description Number D1560P01 in FAC 32F200 and is part of the MO 157th Air Operations Group.Learn more about this agency
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This is a Permanent Excepted Service position. This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- Designed and engineered data and voice networks carried over various transmission systems such as multi-channel satellite.
- Designed and engineered data and voice networks carried over various transmission systems such as troposphere scatter systems.
- Designed and engineered data and voice networks carried over various transmission systems such as Line-Of-Sight (LOS) RF radios.
- Designed and engineered data and voice networks carried over various transmission systems such as Line-Of-Sight (LOS) laser radios.
- Designed and engineered data and voice networks carried over various transmission systems such as cable systems, fiber optic as well as copper.
- Engineered and designed router-to-router connections utilizing military and commercial protocol.
- Engineered and designed router-to-router connections utilizing circuit configurations through military and commercial multiplexers.
- Developed plans for employment of communications systems to support in-garrison and deployed operations.
- Planned and designed Wide Area Networks (WANs) consisting of Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) and Military Specification (MILSPEC) components to operate IAW accepted Information Technology (IT) security policies using automated network planning tools.
- Utilized a broad knowledge of IT concepts, principles, methods and practices to provide network services that support a requesting agency's requirements.
- Utilized a broad knowledge of IT concepts, principles, methods and practices to identify, direct, and coordinate the actions required to provide needed services.
- Determined the compatibility of frequency assignments for fixed station and/or mobile radio, radar, satellite links, and other systems used by the military.
- Coordinated frequency assignments with ANG Headquarters, local Spectrum Managers, unit spectrum managers as well as MAJCOM Spectrum Management personnel.
- Determined requirements and requested resources from different agencies to support contingency and/or training networks.
- Identified and corrected network and transmission deficiencies in planned or currently operational networks.
- Determined operational, technical and support requirements for the location, installation, operation and maintenance of network equipment and systems.
- Reviewed and analyzed data, made technical judgments, and prepared decisions and recommendations concerning the quality, acceptability, and/or need for changes/improvements.
- Interpreted and applied joint standards when designing data, voice, and transmission networks and/or systems to meet mission objectives.
- Created or adapted guides and controls for network, system, or total communications programs in support of daily operations, training exercises, and deployments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact an Air National Guard recruiter at 1-800-864-6264 prior to applying for this position.
- This is an Excepted Service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Missouri National Guard prior to the effective date of placement.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Acceptance of an Excepted Service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
- Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Individuals on incentive bonuses may be subject to recoupment or termination, contact the State Incentives Manager at Whiteman AFB at (660) 687-7394 or at St. Joseph at (816) 236-3339 for any questions concerning recoupment or termination.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- Failure to complete management prescribed courses for full-time support personnel within the first year of employment or assignment, may be cause for reassignment or termination.
- Advanced in hire rate may be granted to set pay above the minimum rate of the grade for a new employee if he/she possesses superior qualifications relevant to the positions' requirements and is essential to accomplish the agency's mission.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Compatible military grade and assignment required prior to the effective date of placement. This is an Excepted Service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter at 1-800-864-6264 prior to applying for this position. Selected candidate will be required to be in a compatible military assignment prior to effective date of placement. Selected candidate must be AFSC qualified within 12 months from date of appointment.
Maximum Military Grade - MSgt (E-7)
Minimum Military Grade - SrAt (E-4)
Enlisted - AFSC 3D0X0, 3D0X2, 3D0X3, 3D1X0, 3D1X1, 3D1X2 or 3D1X3
Supervisor must verify that selected individual occupies a compatible military position. Technicians will not be militarily senior to their full-time supervisor or wage leader (grade inversion).
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Must possess experience that provided you basic knowledge of data processing functions and general management principles that enable you to understand the stages required to automate a work process; experience in work such as computer operator or assistant, computer sales representative, program analyst, or other positions that required the use or adaptation of computer programs and systems.
GS-11 SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Mustpossess 36 months of specialized experience that demonstrates your ability to perform assignments as a computer network engineer frequently requiring diagnosing and correcting complex system faults based on data provided by remote systems monitoring tools; experience resolving problems affecting multiple users of a large network; experience assessing situations complicated by conflicting requirements which must be analyzed to determine the applicability of established methods; experience identifying, analyzing and recommending new requirements and changes to current network systems; and experience installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and repairing new and existing network information systems, network peripherals and devices
Do you currently possess or have held AFSC 3DXXX.
DOD Information Awareness Certification Requirements:
The employee must obtain and maintain at a minimum a Secret security clearance.
Incumbent must possess or be able to obtain and maintain certifications per DoD Directive 8570.1-M, AR 25-2, and as detailed in the Information Assurance (IA) Training and Certification Best Business Practice (BBP).Failure to satisfactorily obtain and maintain required certifications in accordance with the listed publications are grounds for termination.
Selectee is required to satisfactorily complete the appropriate training and obtain the required certification/recertification for this position as outlined in DoD Publication 8570.01-M, Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program, dated 19 December 2005 (incorporating Change 1 dated 15 May 2008).
Substitution of Education for the GS-11 Position: Must possess a Ph.D. or equivalent, or three years of progressively higher level graduate education in computer science, engineering, information science, or information systems management leading to such a degree.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your resume showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates (including Month and Year, e.g., 02/2017, Feb 2017, etc.) of employment and duties performed.
Helpful Hints for Applying:
- Ensure that your resume contains your full name, address, phone and at least your last four digits of your social security number.
- Include details about the experience that relates to the position you are applying for.
- Be specific and always include Month and Year for the dates of your experience.
- Be sure to include your applicable military experience and explain the duties of the MOS/AFSC held.
2. If you are using education to qualify for this position OR education is a mandatory requirement to meet qualifications, YOU MUST submit copies of college transcripts that identify each course, the college or university, semester or quarter hours earned, grade and grade-point received. Submitting a certificate or a degree will not suffice. You must submit transcripts when required. Photocopies are acceptable.
3. If if you have previous Federal Civil Service employment or are employed by another Federal Agency, please submit a copy of your last Notification of Personnel Action, SF-50. If you have never been a Federal Civil Service employee, this is not a requirement. This is also not a requirement for current Technicians employed by the Missouri National Guard.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application/Occupational Questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. To view the Occupational Questionnaire, click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10540833
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
Agency contact information
AddressMO 157th Air Operations Group
#1 Grant Road
Jefferson Barracks, MO 63125-4188
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Air National Guard Units, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/538170300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.