THIS IS AN ARMY NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a GS-0201-12 SUPERVISORY HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (MILITARY) (TITLE 32), Position Description Number D2003000 in FAC 1310 and is part of the MO Directorate of Manpower and Personnel.Learn more about this agency
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This is a Permanent Excepted Service position. This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- Performs duties as primary advisor to all levels of management that apply to military personnel management.
- Oversees the development and administration of multiple military programs in order to maintain or increase overall personnel readiness.
- Establishes the program, develops methods to achieve objectives, analyzes the needs of the service members for educational programs, oversees the implementation and operations of the incentives program, and serves as the State test control officer.
- Plans, operates and administers the operation of the military personnel automation systems.
- Coordinates actions of a variety of human resources management functions.
- Implements DoD and NGB policy regulations in support of service members.
- Advises service members on retirement benefits, eligibility, and survivor benefits.
- Issues Notice of Eligibility for retirement benefits to service members.
- Coordinates, convenes, and/or participates in boards for Enlisted Branch which implements enlisted personnel management, establishes policy and guidelines in accordance with US law, regulations, and directives.
- Coordinates, convenes, and/or participates in boards for Officer Branch which implements officer personnel management, establishes policy and guidelines in accordance with US law, regulations, and directives.
- Oversees management of the line of duty, incapacitation pay, warrior transition unit, active duty medical extension, medical retention processing, and medical boards.
- Performs duties with the responsibility of the periodic health assessments.
- Oversees the management of soldier readiness processing, soldier readiness check, mobilization deployment, readiness exercise, liaising with mobilization and demobilization stations.
- Supervises full-time permanent employees.
- Trains employee(s) in assigned duties and responsibilities and provides work assignments for the employees taking into consideration employees? capabilities.
- Establishes performance standards and evaluates work performance.
- Advises and counsels employees.
- Interviews candidates for positions, and approves selection.
- Establishes priorities and ensures technical quality of work products.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact an Army National Guard recruiter at 1-800-GO-GUARD (1-800-464-8273) prior to applying for this position.
- This is an Excepted Service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Missouri Army National Guard prior to the effective date of placement.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Acceptance of an Excepted Service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
- Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Individuals on incentive bonuses may be subject to recoupment or termination, contact the State Incentives Manager at (573) 638-9500 extension 37647 for questions concerning recoupment or termination for the Missouri Army National Guard.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- Failure to complete management prescribed courses for full-time support personnel within the first year of employment or assignment, may be cause for reassignment or termination.
- Advanced in hire rate may be granted to set pay above the minimum rate of the grade for a new employee if he/she possesses superior qualifications relevant to the positions' requirements and is essential to accomplish the agency's mission.
QualificationsMILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Compatible military grade and assignment required prior to the effective date of placement. This is an Excepted Service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter at 1-800-GO-GUARD (1-800-464-8273) prior to applying for this position. Selected candidate will be required to be in a compatible military assignment prior to effective date of placement. Selected candidate must be MOS qualified within 12 months from date of appointment.
Maximum Military Grade - LTC (O-5)
Minimum Military Grade - CPT (O-3)
Officer - AOC 42B or 42H
Supervisor must verify that selected individual occupies a compatible military position. Technicians will not be militarily senior to their full-time supervisor (grade inversion).
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Must possess a validated understanding of the basic principles and concepts of the occupational series and grade that demonstrates skill in collecting and analyzing data effectively, efficiently, and accurately; ability to clearly enunciate English without impediment of speech that would interfere or prohibit efficient communication; ability to write English in reports and presentation formats; ability to communicate clearly and effectively; skill in presenting formal training presentations and briefings; ability to assess body language and perceive emotional and/or distress levels; and skill in applying procedures and directives by reading and interpreting program material.
GS-12 SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must possess 36 months of specialized experience planning, directing, organizing and overseeing the activities of military human resources programs; formulating personnel plans and programs; developing and implementing policies; and, executing procedures with follow-on evaluations and reassessments; total- force adaptive planning and executing in support of commanders from peacetime through mobilization, contingency operations and demobilization; and skill in interpreting manpower, personnel, and equipment availability deployment readiness posturing and management. The specialized experience must also indicate that you possess thorough knowledge of military personnel policies, records and procedures; the ability to analyze personnel data for special studies, reports and program effectiveness; skill in written communications; skill in oral communication; and demonstrated ability to lead, direct and assign work of personnel supervised.
An undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university is mandatory. A graduate degree from an accredited civilian academic college or from an equivalent professional military education school is optimum.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your resume showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates (including Month and Year, e.g., 02/2017, Feb 2017, etc.) of employment and duties performed.
Helpful Hints for Applying:
- Ensure that your resume contains your full name, address, phone and at least your last four digits of your social security number.
- Include details about the experience that relates to the position you are applying for.
- Be specific and always include Month and Year for the dates of your experience.
- Be sure to include your applicable military experience and explain the duties of the MOS/AFSC held.
2. If you are using education to qualify for this position OR education is a mandatory requirement to meet qualifications, YOU MUST submit copies of college transcripts that identify each course, the college or university, semester or quarter hours earned, grade and grade-point received. Submitting a certificate or a degree will not suffice. You must submit transcripts when required. Photocopies are acceptable.
3. If if you have previous Federal Civil Service employment or are employed by another Federal Agency, please submit a copy of your last Notification of Personnel Action, SF-50. If you have never been a Federal Civil Service employee, this is not a requirement. This is also not a requirement for current Technicians employed by the Missouri National Guard.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application/Occupational Questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. To view the Occupational Questionnaire, click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10515378
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
Agency contact information
AddressMO Directorate of Manpower and Personnel
2302 Militia Drive
Jefferson City, MO 65101-1203
THIS IS AN ARMY/AIR NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Army National Guard Units, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/535416900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.