Although the position is advertised equivalent to GS-12/13, MCC uses a pay banded system to compensate employees. This position is pay band 4B/4A which is generally equal to GS-12/13.Learn more about this agency
Applicants are encouraged to apply early. The first cut-off for review and referral of applications is 5/10/2019. Applications of qualified applicants received after the first cut-off date will be referred to the selecting official until the closing date or a selection is made.
You will report to MCC's Global Practice Leader for Environmental & Social Performance (ESP) and serve as a member of MCC's ESP Practice Unit. You will collaborate with MCC staff and partner country counterparts to help promote sound environmental and social performance of program activities and ensure compliance with MCC's environmental and social standards and guidelines. As a Program Officer you will:
- Provide technical and administrative support on the evaluation and management of environmental and social risks and performance of MCC-funded activities and help to identify opportunities for enhancing project design and implementation.
- Engage on key program development and implementation activities to help ensure that MCC-funded activities comply with host country laws and regulations, the MCC Environmental Guidelines and the International Finance Corporation's Environmental and Social Performance Standards.
- Review project-related documents (concept papers, feasibility studies, environmental and social assessments and management plans, consultant terms of reference, construction bidding documents, work plans, resettlement action plans and performance monitoring plans) to ensure environmental and social considerations are properly taken into account in the design, feasibility, implementation, timing, and budgets for MCC-funded activities.
- Undertake occasional site visits to partner countries in support of project development and implementation oversight to ensure sound environmental and social performance.
- Prepare and/or review terms of reference, budgets, timelines and cost estimates for international and domestic procurements services, and assist with the management of contractors, consultants, and inter-agency agreements.
- Support the development and completion of ESP Practice priorities.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a federal security clearance
- Relocation expenses will not be paid
- More than 1 job may be filled if additional vacancies occur within 120 days
- Some domestic and international travel maybe required
- Designated and/or random drug testing required
QualificationsTo qualify for pay band 4b you must meet the following:
Have at least one year of specialized experience relevant to the position duties and comparable to the MCC Pay Band 4c (GS-11) or an equivalent level which is directly related to the work of this position and which has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. For this position, examples of experience are defined as: providing technical and administrative support on the assessment of environmental and social risks/impacts and/or promoting sound environmental and social performance of development projects, such as roads, agriculture, energy and water infrastructure; and experience in environmental, social or natural sciences, natural resource management, environmental engineering, policy, planning or a related field; and experience with an international NGO, international finance organization, multilateral organization, and/or global business on international development. Note: This experience MUST be well documented within your resume or application.
To qualify for pay band 4a you must meet the following:Have at least one year of specialized experience relevant to the position duties and comparable to the MCC Pay Band 4b (GS-12) or an equivalent level which is directly related to the work of this position and which has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills , and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. For this position, this experience is defined as: assessing environmental and social risks/impacts and/or promoting sound environmental and social performance of development projects, such as roads, energy, agriculture, irrigation and municipal infrastructure; experience in environmental, social or natural sciences, natural resource management, environmental engineering, policy, planning or a related field; and experience with an international NGO, international finance organization, multilateral organization, and/or global business on international development. Note: This experience MUST be well documented within your resume or application
The following qualifications are highly desirable:
- An advanced degree in environmental, social or natural sciences, environmental engineering, planning or a related field;
- Five (5) years of professional experience in the field of environmental and/or social assessment, management and monitoring or a related field;
- Experience living and/or working overseas on development projects.
- Fluency in French.
- The position may be filled by reassignment, change to lower level, transfer, appointment, or reinstatement. Management may use any one or any combination of these methods to fill the position.
- Qualifications by Closing Date: You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of the announcement. Please note that qualification claims will be subject to verification.
- Pay: Your pay will be set within the range specified in this vacancy announcement and will be based on your qualifications, education, experience, training, and availability of funds.
- Promotion Potential: If the position is advertised with promotion potential, the selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition. Selection at a lower pay band level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level, nor is the promise of promotion implied.
- DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE: PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume/ application does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s). Your resume must contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make a qualification determination.
- Selectee may be required to complete a Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE Form 278) or a Confidential Financial Disclosure Form (OGE 450).
- Government Travel Card - You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government contractor issued travel card to be used for official business.
- Selectee may be required to complete a probationary/trial period.
How You Will Be Evaluated
A review of your application and supporting documents will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for the position and to ensure that you have been placed in the appropriate quality category. The HR Office and/or Subject Matter Expert (SME) will evaluate each applicant who meets the basic qualifications on the competencies/knowledge, skills and abilities related to the position such as:
- Administration and Management
- Minimum Qualifications
- Oral Communication
- Technical Competence
You will be evaluated based on Category Rating procedures. Based on the information you provided in your application package, you will be placed in one of three quality categories - Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Those applicants who are determined to be best qualified will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and may be called for an interview.
If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience your category can and will be adjusted to more reflect your abilities, and you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Application of veteran's Preference: Category rating and selection procedures place those with veteran's preference above non-preference eligible within each category. Veterans who meet the eligibility and qualification requirements and who have compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent are listed in highest quality category, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-09 grade level or higher. http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#GS-PROF-OCCUPATIONS
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
The following documents must be received by the closing date of this announcement:
- Resume - Applicants MUST utilize resumes created using the USAJOBS-formatted Resume Builder (http://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/account/documents/resume/build/
- NOTE: A SF-50 is not required to apply. Please upload a blank document or any document in the space provided.
- Unofficial college transcripts - if the position has an education requirement or if you are using education to qualify "Unofficial" transcripts are acceptable. If selected for the position, prior to your appointment, an official transcript will be required.
- If you are displaced Federal employee, you may be entitled to receive special priority consideration under the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) or Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP). View information about ICTAP eligibility on OPM's Career Transition Resources website. To be considered eligible under ICTAP or CTAP, you must be placed in the "well-qualified" category for this position, as described above.
- Veterans Preference documentation (DD-214 - member 4 copy or other copies that indicate character of discharge or equivalent, SF-15 and VA Letter as appropriate) to validate your claim. For more information regarding eligibility requirements, please go to: www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
- If you are eligible for Special Appointment eligibility (e.g., 30% compensable veteran, individuals with disabilities, former Peace Corps or other noncompetitive eligibility candidates.) requires submission of supporting documentation. For more information visit: http://www.opm.gov/employ/students/fedhire.asp#authorities, http://www.usajobs.gov/ei/individualswithdisabilities.asp,http://www.opm.gov/disability
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
- Candidates MUST use USAJOBS-formatted resume using Resume Builder to apply to this position and to ensure that you have submitted a complete application. For tips on preparing your resume see: (https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/faq/application/documents/resume/what-to-include).
- To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Once your application is ready, you'll be sent from USAJOBS to the application system. Follow the prompts to complete your application and the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure that you click the Submit My Answers button at the end of the process.
- Note: To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account at www.usajobs, select Application Status, and click on the more information link under the application status for this position. To verify uploaded documents have been processed, please wait to ensure they have cleared the virus scan.
- To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, complete this cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf using the following 10486959. Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144.
- The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 07/26/2019.
- Print this 1203FX form to provide your response to the occupational questionnaire http://www.opm.gov./forms/pdf_fill/OPM1203fx.pdf and
- Fax the completed 1203FX form along with any supporting documentations to 1-478-757-3144. Your 1203FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
Agency contact information
AddressDepartment of Compact Operations - DCO
1099 14th St, NW
Washington, DC 20005
If you are looking to be a part of a dynamic team environment then MCC is the place for you! Visit our Website at http://www.mcc.gov to see the life changing projects our staffs are undertaking. MCC's mission is to reduce poverty through economic growth.
Our model is defined by principles of selectivity, country ownership, transparency, and a focus on results. Our values identify who we are and what is important to us. MCC's values are CLEAR - Collaboration, Learning, Excellence, Accountability and Respect. We recruit staff that will embody and uphold these values.
This position is located in the Department of Compact Operations (DCO), Millennium Challenge Corporation. The Division of Infrastructure, Environment, and Private Sector is responsible for the development and oversight of MCC's infrastructure investments (which account for two-thirds of the agency's portfolio), private sector development programs and partnerships, and the environmental and social performance of all MCC projects. The position will be within the Environmental and Social Performance (ESP) practice group.
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Millennium Challenge Corporation, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
Upon receipt of the online questionnaire, you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. We will assess your experience and transcript(s) (if appropriate), identify the best-qualified applicants, and refer those applications to the hiring manager for further consideration and interview. We will notify you by email after each of these steps has been completed. We expect to make a final job offer within 40 days after the deadline for applications.
By submitting your application, you are certifying the accuracy of the information contained in your application. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be terminated after you begin work.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/531883800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.